Girls, What do I do here?

my wife is against me hanging out with my best friend (a female) without her, and was angry over me texting her. We hugged in front of my wife and she hit me. She hates it when I am at dinner or the gym with her, or when I play video games online with her. my bff is married, and her husband hates it when we spend time together. Both of us are married with no kids. We had drinks together, and both our spouses yelled at us when we returned home at 4AM. What do I do, if my wife will not let me spend time with my bff? We did date in college.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely see where your wife is coming from! I would be jealous if my boyfriend did that. Not going to lie, I'd break up with him on the spot. I'm sorry to say, but I think something would be wrong if you came home at 4 in the morning.

BUT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO..

Do not hug your friend out in public, especially in front of your wife.
    Take your wife when it comes to dinner, not just your best friend.
    If her spouse and your wife yelled at you ESPECIALLY at 4 in the morning. Do not do that again. Come home earlier.

• we are just friends, who did these things in college. we enjoy each other's company too much to be separated by our spouses

• Try getting your wife involved with things..

What Girls Said 6

• Look if you loove your wife than forget your girlfriend and find a bf!

• She's that you might... do something... that doesn't involve her :/
    Try reassuring her (if you haven't already) that she's your wife for a reason

• I did :/

• I'd feel jealous but I'd have to respect their friendship. And I would understand that they still want to be in each other's lives but I'd have to eye a close eye on them xD lol

• And I would tell him just that

• i have a boy best friend. i could kind of feel where your wife is coming from, but to handle all of this i think your wife should spend time with your best friend and get to know your best friend, because if all four of you guys become close i feel none of this would bother anyone. she neeeds to know your best friends intentions, trusting is hard for a lot of females. and also she may feel that you're putting more time intoyour best friend. so i think if all four of you guys get out and get to know and trust each other more, that will help. But if she still feels the same way then you're going to have to put your wife of course, first.

• is he or you in relationships/married? How do you handle each others' spouses?

• He has a girlfriend, we been best friends since 7th grade. its hard for her tell him we can't be together because the simple fact I've been here before her. but even though, i NEVER cross boundaries, we spend time with each other and when i see her i be like wassup or whatever. its nothing major but still its obvious she trust me enough and trust him enough

• You stop hanging out the girl.

Enough man, just focus on your marriage.

• As a girl that has a boyfriend with many female friends the best advice I can give is to reassure her of your friendship. Perhaps let her spend time with your friend to get to know her better. It may help build up some trust.

• Will it?

• I can say from personal experience it has helped me

• No offense but you're pretty stupid to stay with your wife if she hits you.