Girls, is it a turn off if I hate sports?

I am in excellent shape, fit, and athletic, but i can't stand sports! I hate playing sports and i hate watching sports. It irritates me when people talk about sports 😑
i can't stand those "ball is life" douchebags. I just find sports talk so boring, and annoying.

Girls is this a turn off?

• Turn off
  • Indifferent
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

34

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 33

• In fact, I would like that about you. I don't mind guys having a hobby (my boyfriend used to ignore me for football), but I don't the thrill of watching sports? Oh God and boxing? People are like Neanderthals sometimes. Ergh. I don't share the enthusiasm.
    So you would be a breath of fresh air! Your wife will be a lucky woman!

• Nah, I'm not a big fan of sports either. It's sort of refreshing to meet a guy who isn't obsessed with sports.

• Actually it is almost a turn on cause that means you not gonna talk about it or make it a priority. I dont hate sports but I just really dont care about them either. :P
    So not a turn off at alllll :)

• It's preferable.

• Nope I hate sports soπŸ˜‘

• Turn on. I hate sports and I'm with you. So marry me, now.

• πŸ‘‰πŸ’πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘°

• Not really. it's actually quite refreshing. =)

• I can think of tons of things I'd rather talk about than sports, so nope not a turn off for me. πŸ˜‰

• I think I'd actually prefer that over someone who talks about soccer or football 24/7.
    I'm not too big on sports either if I'm honest.
    I'm really into extreme sports & running myself though so only if you're kind of inactive that would be a turn-off for me, I like someone who will go climbing, rafting or for a run with me - at least here and then. :)

• I run a lot, and i hit the gym at least 3 times a week, so its not like I'm sitting on my ass all day.

As for the outdoor stuff, that sounds like a blast. I love hiking, and rafting, and swimming, and stuff. I've never been climbing before though.

• Ohh, I bet you'd love that, too!
      The feeling you get once you've made it to the top is just amazing!
      It's like a mixture of this nice exhaustion when you know you've really got something done, elation & the freedom feels ☺️

• I'd be indifferent to that. I do like some sports though. I play hockey and do judo, and while I wouldn't shove it in his face, I'd still hope he'd care a little bit ask me about my hobbies, and not be all like "wow that's so boring and I hate sports so stop talking."

• Huge turn on!

• not at all

• No I would be suprised and glad that i didn't have to watch sports!

• It's not a turn off, I would be indifferent to that. I do like sports myself though.

• NOPE. My boyfriend and I both hate sports, he's a cellist and I act so I have come to enjoy the symphony and he has developed an obsession with musical theatre. You are not required to like anything just because you are a man.

• I like certain sports but if a guy doesn't like sports that's not a turn off at all. He might have to make himself scarce when the Olympics comes on but otherwise who cares. Just be you, whoever doesn't like it isn't good enough for you anyways :)

• I don't mind watching the olympics. Its much more interesting watching a bunch of events and cheering on your country, than it is to watch one single sport that doesn't mean anything for 3 or 4 fucking hours.

• I honestly don't know. I've watched one or two football games and baseball games, and they seemed to go on that long. I've never even sat through a whole game of soccer or basketball though.

• Lol... we be the people staring blankly at everyone else who's getting their feathers all ruffled when the opposing team scores a point lmao as I said, who cares... just be you and forget about who doesn't like that about you

• It's not a turn off for me at all. I understand that some guys don't like sports, you're one of them and I see no problem.

• am indifferent to it... but its nothing you should feel bad about because everyone is different

• I'm not particularly into sports either.

• It's not a turn off but I like playing basketball, badminton, tennis, cricket, so on now and then/occasionally, so I would like it if the guy wouldn't have problem playing those.

• Nope. It is fine.

• as long as you're in good shape i can't realy complain, and as long as you dont critize me for wanting and liking to do them

• Lol why do they have to be douchebags tho?

• Not all basketball players are douchebags. I'm talking about the ones who are obsessed with it--those "ball is life" people.

• I will have the unpopular opinion here but it is a slight turn-off. I love when a guy is balanced. When he is smart, nice, and athletic it is the perfect combination. I do not want a guy who is obsessed with sports, but when they have one sport that almost a passion, its a huge turn-on, especially if they are good at it.

• Not at all. I don't like every single sport.

• No that's not a dealbreaker

• No... I've dated guys who did not like sports. Some were interested in music or politics. As long as you are confident in your wants and interests, it is SEXY! Good luck!

• No it's not:) a girl should like you for who you are and not be turned off just because you hate sports, it's your choice and they should respect that:) although I like sports, I think some people take sports way to serious 😁

• It doesn't really matter, I'm sure you have many other qualities to offer.

• Most girls on here are introvert and lack social skills so they don't care about a sporty guy. The average girl does though. I mean, not necessarily being a football myth but having a nice body and being somewhat strong and masculine.

• hasn't it ever occured to them that you can be in good shape and have a nice body without dedicating your life to sports?

• Sorry, your last comment didn't show up until after i submitted mine

• But you dont like ANY sports? Soccer, surfing, basketball? I'm sorry it's just so rare! I think it's my main subject with guys. I love it 😁

• More from Girls
    3