Is it normal if your girlfriend gains weight in college and doesn't seem to care?

My girlfriend has gotten way bigger in her sophmore year of college and she doesn't seem to care AT ALL when i bring it her. we both doent really exercise so im not in great shape either but i never really have since she met me either. im 25 however and not quite fat

here's a couple pics i snuck ~1 year ago and today when she was smokin thin and... now

Is it normal if your girlfriend gains weight in college and doesn't seem to car?
"she does go tanning more now too?"

by the way she is really cool and chill. good soulmate, but i think she actually likes being fatt

• thats a lot of extra weight
  • yeah, she's got a little pudge, but nothing to get concered about yet
  • maybe she likes being fat
  • I think she looks better chubby
  • break up with her

Most Helpful Girl

• College life can be tough. Stress, hormone changes, and little time add to people gaining weight. I gained a little (5 pounds) my first year of uni, even though I went to the gym 4 times a week for almost 2 hours, ate vegetarian food... but the stress was really high.

Maybe you can both go for walks together, or find other physical activities you both would enjoy. This will keep both of you healthy, and maybe she can use the support. If she doesn't care or is fine with this, I would still ask in a fun, upbeat way to come for a walk with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• the freshman 15 is very real. most college students aren't eating wholesome meals and exercise less.

i think rather than brigning up to her that you think she's gotten fat you should instead maybe go about more indirect ways to influence her lifestyle... such as suggesting healthier meals, maybe you even cook. suggest that both of you start going to the gym or for runs

What Girls Said 7

• Maybe you should both take up exercising?

• I think if you only care about her looks break it off! She doesn't nned u!

• I gained a lot of weight during my last year at high school because of the stress. My boyfriend was fine with it and I'm losing it now that the stress is over and done with. However, no one knew or asked why I was gaining weight so if she knows then ask why and if there's anything you could do to help. A relationship is more than just having a smoking hot thin girlfriend but if you can't handle the chubby then I'd say leave.

• i'd say break up with her cause you're her boyfriend you're not supposed to be judgy and she's in college so she can't really think about healthy food all the time

• Dayumm is that really her?😐

• Oh dear god.

• Encourage her to exercise by doing it together. I mean, if you really care about her.

What Guys Said 4

• I could never deal with that. It would tell me that she no longer cares about how I feel about her when she changes so much to the negative.

• She found someone who accepts her, now she doesn't have to keep trying.
    Either let her know that this is something that you don't like and if she's willing to make an effort to get slim again help her all you can. It means she really cares about your relationship. If she gets upset then I'd say it time to say good bye, she'll only get larger until its utterly disgusting.

• Break up with her. You don't care about her, you care about a smoking body.

• Dump this bitch