Im a girl 18yrs old should I feal weird or is it bad going out with someone thats 27?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thats odd.. but not every 27 year old man is mature and some need to be dating young girls. Your just barely an adult.

So sure its fine if your both fine but most 27 year old men would not date a 18 year old... aside from the obvious, i just dont think it would sit well for their image as a man

Most Helpful Girl

• I would really be very careful. The problem is, you are still young and sometimes older guys can see that as a way to manipulate you and get what they want. Sorry but it does happen. Not all guys are like that, but you just have to be careful. Get to know this person first and find out what they want from you.

If it's just sex, then walk away if that's not what you want.

What Guys Said 11

• 27 - 18 = 9 years of age gap... hmmmmmmm...
    well see... i read it in a magazine by a dating coach... age gaps...
    1-5 = perfectly normal,
    6-10 = it can work... but requires a bit more effort
    11-15 = a lot of hard work
    see u fall in 6-10... then things can work out but u have to put in effort...
    if ur happy thats it...

• Relationships between late 20-somethings and teenagers can be ok but most guys that age who date teenagers are immature. It really depends on how he treats you. He should not rush you into sex, and you should in no way think about marrying anyone until you are at least 21.

• To keep it #100 ... that relationship is shaky to last in the long term. The stages in life are drastically different!

• I tried dating an 18 year old the sex was fun but I'm 25 by the way but to much of a generation gap lasted about a week lol

• Erm.. yeah. That's a little odd.
    But hey, if you're happy don't let anyone change your mind.

• My mother was 19 years younger than my father and they were the most in love and happy couple I have ever seen in the world.

• How you should feel is really up to you. Nobody can tell you how to feel except yourself.

• Not bad but in my experience it doesn't work out in the end.

• That's weird in my eyes. Just be careful...

• Is it because you truly love him, or is it because of something else?

• Only you can decide what feels weird. You're both adults.

What Girls Said 7

• Question is.. do YOU feel weird or that you're committing a sin by going out with a guy 9 years older to you? If yes, what are you gonna do about it? What do you WANT to do?

My parents' age gap is 11 years. But that's arranged marriage. You need to ask yourself how comfortable you are, not be swayed by other people's judgements. The world isn't dating that guy for you. YOU are.

• I was always told this:

If a man is older than you and interested in you romantically, then ask yourself why no woman his own age wants him.

I've found that asking that question of myself and discovering that I know the answer or that he'll tell me why he isn't with someone older is very enlightening. Some older guys like younger girls for sexual reasons. Beyond that, if you're comfortable, then nothing is wrong.

Your life. Your body. Your choices.

• He may not have a problem finding a girl his exact age but happens to prefer the younger girl individually.

• @cavmanier Yes, that's where him being able to provide an answer comes into play. Some young women really have a lot going for them!

There are a lot of cases, though, where an older guy after a younger girl has some issues that make women his own wary of him because they have that added life experience to see the problem early or know its effects already.

• own age* 😒

• Hmmm... Yes because you think its weird! If you feel werid than its werid if you don't than you don't!

• Nah, it's fine. As long as you keep it legal you shouldn't be worried about what others may think. If YOU wanna be with the person, go ahead.

• Im 19 in a relationship with a 29 yr old man although i hesitated at first because its uncommon, we are both really happy and dont care about age at all. If you are sure he is a trustable man with good intentions and that the age gap is not really felt between you then why not? just because society says its not appropriate doesn't mean it is. ofc be cautious before stepping into that :)

• You're an adult. Do what you please, but understand others may no be approving, and always take responsibility for your actions.

• No I tihnk age really is just a number and you are legal so do what you want