In this day and age is it more realistic to invest in a relationhsip based on sex and even money?

in this day and age is it more realistic to invest in a relationhsip based on sex and even money? i mean everyone seems to cheat, get divorce or just in general dont put a lot of effort in relationships.. in addition since its easier to sleep around and stuff finding a boyfriends will be even harder because sex is so available and guys aren't willing to invest as much in dating etc. And traditional dating ( going on resturants etc) seem to be a dying norm too.. it all about netflix and chill kinda things

I dont have the need for the guy to pay for anything, iits not that.. but it would be great to go on a first date at a resturant or something like that rather than going to eacothers houses for example.

Im a student that barely have enough money to support myself, i have sexual needs and if i dont get emtionally involved i won't really lose anything by entering a relationship thats only based on sex and money basically...

I would rather date a guy who really liked me, but was poor that the scenario i mentioned above, but all most guy seems to want is sex.. so i feel like i can't really win..

Whats your view on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• "I mean everyone seems to cheat, get divorce or just in general dont put a lot of effort in relationships." This isn't a fact it's a personal bias. Today's dating world is almost exactly the same as previous generations the difference is exposure. The Internet has given more people access to worlds and lives they've never experienced but these things have always existed. Relationships are for the most part the same as they have been for hundreds of years. It's just not as sugar coated and/or buried like it used to be. Do you honestly think That every single date in the past was all romantic and well planned at some fancy restraunt. No for every perfect date you saw depicted in movies and TV and your parents rose colored memories there were 10s of shitty dates. The truth is dating is a long process of hits and misses. Every dating individual has to make mistakes and learn from them. Everyone will fail a couple of times which means a lot of the dating world is gonna be a miserable experience. But just like every generation before us if you want it you're gonna keep trying. And eventually you and some other human in the process of growing through life are gonna meet up and get just enough of it right to build a good and maybe great marriage. Sometimes it doesn't pan out and you get a divorce but that's unpredictable and really all you can do then is try again or focus your attention elsewhere. This day and age isn't worse off you just want an excuse to explain why you can't get what you want but the real answer to that question is this craps just not and never has been that easy.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me no its not my type of realistic ! I rather invest on a fake thing called love hahah! No its a real rare thing to find!

What Guys Said 5

• You should just say what you want in the beginning. You want a boyfriend don't compromise for less. I'm looking for a girlfriend and I say it to whoever im "talking" To. That way We don't waste each other's time.

• The fact that you would consider this is so sad. You'll find real love oneday

• I dont. .. so far I haven't even been close and all you hear about is ons, fb/fwb etc... No one ever seem to care about emtional connections

• It's a shame we don't live close and your probably a lot older than me (18 in January).

• You seem to find guys who lack class. I would want sex for a girl until she is ready to give it.

• yeah... wait till you find someone you click with x

• I am.. but it kinda seems like a lost cause

• ahh yeah, I know... Im the same... but you are in your 20s right? LOTS of time

• I see plenty of people going on dates, not just 'chilling', but not many students, because 'dating' invariably costs money, and students tend to not have much.

When I was in school, 300 years ago (roughly) the norm in school was couples would just start 'being a couple', and hanging out and yeah being sexual but also just... you know being a couple.

I realize that's not as common now, particularly on campuses with a high female:male ratio.

Be really upfront that you're looking for a boyfriend. Guys who want a girlfriend look for girls who want a boyfriend, and are distressed how many are just hooking up with frat boys.

What Girls Said 0