How to let the guy know you're not interested?

I just started texting a casual acquaintance from the summer and consider a friend - and he's been constantly texting and asking questions and he most recent was joking about other guys and asking what my type was.. Is there a nice way of letting him know right here that I'm not interested? I don't want to be rude or make him feel bad... I just don't feel anything for him..

He initiated all convos FYI

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you could take a passive aggressive approach by just changing conversation to subjects that are clearly platonic. like don't talk about dating, sex, relationship interests and all that stuff

or you could just put it out there sort of like, "look I could be totally reading things wrong and if I am I'm sorry. but I don't want to lead you on or lead this relationship in a direction that gets to a place where things get weird. I really appreciate you as a friend and all but I don't have feelings for you. I want to be up front since I respect you and don't want you wasting your time on something that most likely won't happen"

• Thank you, appreciate that!

What Guys Said 5

• Be sure to be very direct about that. Tell him you are simply not interested in him romantically. Don't leave him hanging on hopes if that is not what you want. If he is a mature guy he will surely understand that you aren't interested in him and the hurt will be less if you instead leave him with any other hopes.

I have been on the guy position once :)

• ever considered maybe its just his personality and he is being friendly? some people have that kind of personality but you should tell him look if you are interested in me then just move on because i don't want too waste your time

• Maybe just be honest? It's not always what you say but often how you say it. Thing is rejection will always be a bitter pill but maybe he is mature enough to take it on the chin and realise having jy as a friend is better than not being anything.

Goodluck :)

• Well you could try to reply with short answers and not reply for a while. I feel really bad for telling you this by the way lol

• I feel bad too 😣 If there was ever a situation I could avoid in life... It would be these moments - thanks for the advice!

• Your welcome :)

• maybe u can try not responding to his text messages, or just stop talking to all together

• I see him a friend and we're on the same sports team in the summer so that'd make it kind of awkward

What Girls Said 2

• -just tell him slowly that u are seeing someone else!

• just straight up tell him he is your friend and only that