Is it true that shy guys are more selective/picky when it comes to girls?

I've heard this and that "players" like more girls then shy guys do. Will a shy guy not just fall for anyone? How true is this?

• Yes
  • No
Just for the record everyone, I not trying to generalize here. I just heard this from someone and wanted to see who all agreed with it ok.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't really say it's about being picky, they're just shy. The "player" will talk to lots of girls and not really care. The shy guy won't talk to lots of girls, thus usually ends up crushing harder on one or a handful of girls they see regularly. So sort of yes in a way. Arguably the "player" has a harder time falling for someone. I think you're framing these ideas wrong.

And why do we talk about "players" so often? They are a small minority, the vast majority of guys can't do that even if they wanted to. Can we stop talking about guys like they generally fit that stereotype?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think shy guys like someone special, her hair, her eyes etc. But players are ready for anyone.. the only thing they want is a girl in bed so they aren't that picky.. this is what I think 😛

What Guys Said 11

• I think it really depends. I'm a shy guy AND I am completely oblivious with womens' signals so It depends on the shy guy. You can't generalize that all shy guys are picky.

• I don't think its true. I think its much rather a rationalisation of why they are single.

• I think both sex's are picky, the human genome is very morbid, it picks whoever is the most attractive - usually the most attractive person has the best genes.

• Well, they are more loyal, even though it's purely platonic and the girl isn't even aware of his existence. Sooo, this may be why players seem to like more girls.

• I'm shy and I have a set time, from personality, looks, interest even what they like to eat... that being said I can over look something things but not all.

• Well to an extent. I am not picky with looks. I am picky however when it comes to personality.

• Yes, because we're shy we only leave our comfort zone for a girl we like.

• I don't think shy guys are more picky but I think extroverted guys are less likely to pay attention to and abide by their preferences. Players only play with things they don't care about. In my experience most players are the shyest guys around the women they sincerely want.

• Guys who are looking to hook up are less selective than guys looking for relationships.

In that sense, players tend to go for more girls than shy guys do, but if they were going to actually settle down, the players would have higher standards.

• Yeah but I'm shy and I'd bang anything if it wasn't for the shyness, I'm very frustrated.

• I was picky even though I was shy I still wouldn't just go for any girl

What Girls Said 3

• No, you can't make generalizations like that. It's just pointless.

• Shy guys don't talk a lot, this gives them the opportunity to sit back and observe. If a shy guy falls for you you should take it as the most precious compliment and truly truly go for it! Shy guys are wonderful trust me I know!

• Majority of people are picky either guys or girls.