Why do guys think a side chick is ok?

The question is not a generalisation of males it is a character trait among some males and female. My situation is regarding a male.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well before I can answer that I have to ask you what you mean by okay. If you mean morally okay that's one thing but if you mean okay to you that's another. Guys know that having a side chick is going to upset you. They're not delusional to the idea that a side chick is not okay... TO YOU. I'm not in any way saying having a side chick is okay. I'm just pointing out the difference between what's okay to them and what they know is okay with you. So the easiest answer to that part is they know it's not okay with you they just don't really care. Now if you're asking why it feels okay to them then that's a little more complicated. First of all is morality. Morality, although we like to believe it is, really isn't set in stone. Everyone has a different set of morals. But beyond that actually listening to an abiding by your morals is still a choice. People don't always choose being "good". In fact a crap ton of people go about life with the belief that nothing is wrong, or at least it doesn't matter, unless you get caught and even then if the consequences really aren't that bad they'll do it anyways. So a guy with a side chick already has two women interested in him. If say one of the girls breaks up with him he just moves on to the other girl. If he really doesn't care about that particular woman and just wants A woman then the consequences for having a side chick really isn't that bad. And if he really doesn't care about that particular woman and just wants A woman he doesn't have much of a reason to care about whether or not she cares about him having a side chick. You may not like that answer but I know enough players to know that's the truth.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe that all men think that's okay. That's called cheating which many people disapprove of. For the ones who do think it's okay, it's because they're selfish and care more about themselves than their partner. They want to have their cake and eat it too, which obviously does not work. Also keep in mind that this isn't just men. There are plenty of women who think it's okay to cheat on their boyfriends/husbands too. It goes both ways.

• Yes I completely agree! Thank you for sharing my opinion, was thinking I was the only one wanting a decent person

• give this girl a cookie

What Guys Said 18

• Because some men don't value their woman as they should, and don't care enough about her feelings to keep in in their pants if another woman tempts him.

• Why do women feel a side guy is okay? You really need to check out the Ashley Madison leaked statistics. As if males are the only ones who cheat. Because women are perfect and men are animals, no?

• I understand exactly what you think saying, it's the character not the person. The reason why I directed the question is because the problem was with a guy who though it was perfectly acceptable. Even the side shamelessly accept position as a bit on the side. So I was curious as to why people put themselves in such a position.

• He played a character I guess he wanted to be someone else so decided to be someone else the only thing is he could keep up being the person he wanted to be. I never expect anyone to change because he aren't themselves and the relationship would be a lie. Cheating is only desirable to those to want it, I did not so I removed myself from the equation. The side chick has him full time.

• Apologies for the typos fingers are quicker than the phone.

NowReport
      He played a character I guess he wanted to be someone else so decided to be someone else the only thing is he couldn't keep up being the person he wanted to be. I never expect anyone to change because they aren't themselves and the relationship would be a lie. Cheating is only desirable to those to want it, I did not so I removed myself from the equation. The side chick has him full time.

• There's men and there's boys men don't have side chicks because they want to date a good woman. Since a good woman wouldn't tolerate that and since a good woman is hard to find a man would never risk it. Now boys on the hand would mess around with side chicks. They just haven't matured yet that's why they are still boy with chicks not a man with a woman.

• You make this sound like all guys think a side chick is ok. We do not all think that. Most of guys think a side chick is not ok. I know I think it is not ok and all my friends think it is not ok to. Maybe you are meeting guys at the wrong places.

• The majority don't. I'd the question more like "Why do douches think a side chick is ok?", but I suppose then the question would answer itself wouldn't it? Because they are douchebags.

• Only some guys think that and it sure isn't ok on the girl in the other side!

• The real question is: "What agreements do you have as a couple?"

• Because variety is the spice of life.

• They don't.

• Because they lack empathy and integrity. I could never even consider doing something like that.

• I don't. I love my girlfriend and cheating on her would hurt her. I would also feel like shit all day for it.
    Its better to be monogamous for me.

• Because their main chick will get mad at the side chick and not them

• I don't even have a first chick

• Well why not? Like she ain't banging someone on the side?

• Counter argument- side nigga and when did we all think that?

• it depends on the situation!

• Sometimes sides are better then the main entrée.

• It's cool mannnnn, just chillaxxxx dudemanbroseph.

What Girls Said 9

• Not all guys do. Some guys cheat, some girls cheat. People cheat because they aren't fully satisfied with their relationships, not saying that justifies their deceit and hurtful actions, but that's why they do it.

• its not okay for me!

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Beats me, I'd never date a guy who even thought the idea of side chicks was funny

• Only scumbag guys think it's ok.

• It's because they are mindless they think that having a side chick is cool but it is not

• I literally don't know any guy who thinks that.

• Because they are they guys you need to steer clear of

• Because the side chicks give them no reason to think its wrong.