Am I being too forward?

OK I'll give a little background first.

I was in a relationship for 2 years. The last 3 months my old girlfriend had moved to another city about 4 hours away. I had decided about two months ago that I wanted to break up with her but had not yet.

So I knock on an old friends door only to meet his room mate. My friend wasn't home, so his roomie and I talked for a brief moment and it turns out we both like metal shows, know a few of the same local bands, and go to the same electronic music festivals.

I leave and immediately text my friend "wow your room mate is beautiful!" and little did I know they have been sharing the phone because she lost hers. So She got the the message and I hear the next day from my friend that she would like to have me over to hang out.

So I went over once, and hung out amongst friends, we got to know each other a bit and we get along extremely well. Like we've known each other for a while type thing. I invite her out to shoot pool with some friends and we had a blast.

She sends me all types of flirty texts and we chat on the phone and I realize I Have to spill the beans before anything goes further that I'm technically still with my g/f. So I told her, she acted like she didn't mind, but I could tell she did. I never been interested in one person while I'm still in a relationship in my life, so its very weird for me.

So I broke it off with my girlfriend about 4 days ago. Since then my new friend has started flirting again over the phone, but we haven't gotten a chance to hang out again. My buddy tells me that she talks about me nonstop.

So it's been a two week span since I've known her. I don't want her to think I broke up with my girlfriend because of her, though she was part of the reason. But I broke up with her because I had been wanting to, and I just hadn't. and now I'm missing out on potential relationships that could work out.

I want to be honest and tell her how I feel. I also want to be able to tell her why I broke up with my girlfriend and not make it seem like it was because of her. I just never have moved so quickly into anything like this and it feels like I'm going too fast. I don't want to scare her off, but I don't want to miss out on an amazing relationship. any advise?/

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• No, you'r enot.