Are you afraid of falling madly in love?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm not afraid of falling in love. Loving someone is an amazing feeling. I'm only slightly afraid of being hurt because of that, if I happen to fall for the wrong person. So, I just hope the next person I love is the right guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Afraid? falling in love? No, I am not afraid, I can never fall in love, I am too logical, rational, too realistic to be in love, I am totally incapable of falling in love. I lack that capacity to do so. I know I will never fall in love. Hence I am not afraid or anything.

However it's possible and I am afraid that one day a woman might love me and I would mean the world to her, which is exactly what I don't want. I never want this to happen.

Please don't ask why, because that's hard to explain.

• Hey, do me a favor?

Print this out.
      Put it somewhere.
      Wait 20 years.
      Open it.
      Read it.

In the meantime, read up on ya'boy Bertrand Russell. If you read through his works, you might be able to press fast-forward through some of this.

Make sure you read the parts about how he almost killed himself, when he thought the world was nothing more than logic and mathematics.

Then make sure you read the parts about his many, passionate, loves. Every bit as passionate as his supposed lack of passion was.

Don't miss his descriptions of how his loves-- not his mathemalogistics -- finally, after all those years, made him feel ALIVE.

xx

...

...

...

(Maybe your first reaction is "Shove it redeye, never means never so nyah nyah."
      ... but that would be such an *emotional* reaction! Aha! Not rational!)

That's all for now.

• Meaning, meant for you. Didn't want you to miss. Etc.

Happy new year!

• @redeyemindtricks

Happy new year to you too!

What Girls Said 35

• Look dude, I think you and I are a lot alike (you stubborn, stubborn SOB you).
    So... by default, I kinda like you.

"By the way a small information emotions, feelings can also be controlled, if the person is very strong on the inside, if the person is very logical then it's not difficult to do so."

What you're saying here just boils down to the fact that self-restraint covers emotions as well as behavior. Which is true, but (to me at least) falls well short of "epiphany" level.

Although yes, many people could stand to take this to heart.
    For instance, "venting" one's emotions is usually a VERY bad idea, because that usually just amplifies the emotions and makes them simmer for longer.

--

But, aha! we have gotten somewhere here.

We started at "incapable of love". Somewhere along the way, when you weren't looking, someone slid over a couple of pawns and a bishop. Now the board looks like this:

"feelings can also be controlled; if the person is very strong on the inside, if the person is very logical then it's not difficult to do so."

Yeah, you presented this as "information", but I know how people like you (and me) think. If you thought this was irrelevant to your own situation, you wouldn't have said it.

So ON SOME LEVEL you are thinking in terms of DEFENDING yourself against certain emotions.

Which is pretty much the most normal thing in the whole world, by the way. I don't see anything weird here at all, except for the bluntness of your writing. But I've never had a problem with blunt.

In any case.

Look dude, I pretty much approached "love" EXACTLY the same way as you did. (Sexually we're polar opposites, but that is not relevant here.)
    I pretty much spat on the whole idea of it. Me? Nope. Not gonna.

Anyways.

Don't feel like writing a long literal story, so here's a parable. (A fuckin' parable!)

My heart had a big wooden door that was already locked. Men came and picked at the locks. They didn't succeed. Even so, I pulled my hardest on the door, just in case. Just in case they got through all the locks. They'd still have to out-pull me.

Then one day a man came along who smashed through all the locks. I was scared. I pulled on the door as hard as I could. I'm a strong girl. I pulled that door toward me really, really hard.

He turned the handle and the door flew open...

... inward. Sending me flying into my own walls. With my own damn strength.

Think about it for a while.

xx

• This comment is aimed at "serious" above. Apparently I am too old to use the internets properly.

• I guess a bit cause LOVE = chances of getting HURT. But whatever, you only live once, I suppose it's worth it.

• Not afraid of falling in love, but afraid of getting hurt, broken hearted.

When you give your heart to someone and that someone hurts you (similar to deceive, cheat, lie, dissapointing, break promises, getting angry, tells you hurtful things, etc, etc), you can feel terrible and you can do something you can regret: from a break up till turning a relationship into an ill one.

It is difficult to assimilate, but these is part of life, about living, and if someone can overcome these, one can become stronger, not loving less or more cold in life, but one could appreciate more to live and gain experience in knowing others.

• I don't like to wear my own heart on my sleeve, @coolbreeze, and I find that when a guy does, I sadly kiss Him... Good-bye with no Cry.
    My Very First love was when I was 15, and No One has Yet, held a candle to him, Nor ever will.
    However, I do enjoy Someone whom I can share Great chemistry with, but also will Not allow myself to Get burnt, should I see he is not the Magic man he says he is or Implies, especially with Little white Lies.
    Good luck. xx

• Yes and no. I wear my heart on my sleeve, I'm sensitive and I'm na├»ve with the right intentions. I am terrified to get my heart broken again, and I don't want to feel the pain I felt once before. I don't think anyone should feel that kind of heartbreak.

But also, no I love love. I'm a hopeless romantic and loving and caring. So I will love with my entire whole being, fully and completely. I want to love and I want to be loved. If I get hurt, then it is just one more story, one more experience to help build my character. Life is gonna happen, love is a part of life so fuck it.

• No I been waiting for soo long!!!

• I'm not afraid of falling in love or love by itself coz I already am, BUT I am, afraid of things not working out for any reason, I think its a feeling that you can't control, coz when you love someone you will just be afraid of loosing them at some point

• That is true love is a very strong and powerful emotion. That is true it's the fear of losing the person we love the most that hurts the most.

• Exactly!

• I'm in love right now. Yes, I'm young. Yup, I still don't know what love is or how to handle it or how to deal with it. I've learned how scary being in love is, how vulnerable you feel, how painful it is, and that love is fucking difficult. It's overwhelming and I still don't know what it is. But I've felt it. I do feel it. And it's scary, yeah.

• Yes, I think I am. Loving someone means letting them in and that makes you vulnerable. It scares me... That's why I prefer casual relationships

• Nope.

What passes as love in today's society.. isn't love.

So.. I'm not too worried about falling madly in love.

• I'm afraid of being hurt badly, so yes.

• Yes, I am. I already know that I will get hurt, so obviously I don't want that for me.
    I can see the sad ending.

• Think positive and not negative. You will not get hurt all the time with love. It depends on who you are with.

• Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

• Your very welcome.

• Yes, I am afriad. But there's more want than fear so I would still do it. I'd just be cautious at first.

• Yeah, because that makes me madly susceptible to heartbreak. I don't like to be that vulnerable.

• Yes I am. I'm scared of the forbidden love that will make us suffer.

• Nothing scares me more than that.

• No, i am not

I already have

• Sometimes I am afraid.

• Yeah especially at this point in my life.

• No. I can't wait to. Hopefully he'll be worth it though.

• Yeah that is true If the person is worth it. It makes it way better.

• course. i don't wanna lose my mind or my judgement.

• i dont think im afraid.. but overall being in love with someone is a very vulnerable feeling im sure.

• i'm in love now, but it's kind of terrifying. Who knew you could worry about someone so much?

• yes I never thought i would be but i am

• I'm afraid of falling in love with a person who does not deserve My love and who is an asshole

• No. I prefer to go with all than to stay on the shore.

• Yessssssss

• With just one person? Yes, a little love for a lot, no..

• no its bliss to me, being so vunerable and weak

• No, it is my dream

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 19

• No, what I fear is falling madly in love for the wrong person.

• Nah because I would only love someone who's worthy of that love. It would be cool if it happened someday but if it doesn't that's cool too. I don't need a relationship or kids to feel fulfilled in life. It's a luxury not a necessity 👊🏽

• It happened already twice, I know how it is.

• No, more like not falling in love actually. But I'm not "afraid" of either, I'll just take it as it comes.

• Kind of yeah. I'm afraid of falling in love with the wrong person. Or falling in love with someone who doesn't love me back.

• Yes I think being in love with the wrong person sucks. I think it happens a lot.

• Not in a way, i'm afraid that i won't be able to fall in love the way i did with my first love; we never dated and i know i need to move on but i'm really concerned that i'll not be able to love another girl like i did her

• You can move on. It will take time. I believe you can find somebody close like her with time.

• @HookingSwan I'm not grilling you, i'm just expressing my distaste of the phrase is all, despite the fact i use it myself countless times... weird huh. My problem is i'm not the most socially confident guy out there so for me meeting girls isn't something that comes easily

• I can't be in love if im not capable of it

• A little bit, yes. But that's 'cause I'm afraid to get hurt if things don't work out. Normal, I know, but it's, it's just complicated.

But I can't wait to fall madly in love and things work out.

• That is good that you are in love Things will work out. Just be positive.

• Yes

Scared I'll hurt her or she'll hurt me and I'll have to pick up the pieces left behind her with the love we shared of times we thought we cared for one another.

• Nope, I've grown into that thought.

• Nope wish it was easy to fall in love. But aucks when the heart break stuff comes into play.

• No. I am afraid of NOT being in love, and instead feeling nothing at all.

• Nah im just afraid of falling in love with someone who dosent love me back.

• I am afraid of everything.

• I've had a little taste of it, so yes

• yes because if that person breaks ur heart then u have to suffer from that

• Christian girls are the most prettiest girls of all...

• Yeah I am I'm not gonna lie, my first experience with my ex was crazy. We linked perfectly I did nothing wrong she even said so she said I was perfect but she still left me and I just questioned myself about everything. All girls would say they would love me as a boyfriend and I can do better but idc I just wanted her back but she just didn't want me but she says she loves me and would be with me again one day. if its meant to be it will she said so that pissed me off. so now I want others girls and i would date them and some would date me, I just always think whats stopping her from doing the same to me.

• Yeah man that sucks. Sometimes that happens where everything is perfect but the other person wants more etc. Tbh I think she figured she is young so she wants to see what else is out that and your ex wants to make sure your the one for her. But who knows about time she figures out she made a big mistake you might end up with another girl. If that happens then it's her fought for doubting what you guys had. Which sounded like to me that is was real and pure.

• Yeah I agree man she is being very selfish. I can't believe she got engaged. That is true if you ended up with her again I can't blame you for being afraid because she does seem very flighty.

• It's not that she got engaged tbh it's because I know that person and she told me that person meant nothing. So when I saw the pictures it hurt but I'd still be hurt if it was someone else but it wouldn't sting as much. Either way I'm focusing on myself, trying to find someone I could trust and open up to them.

• Yes because im obsessed when i love someone i put them first think about them, but all the lead me to bad experinces, now i tnink im starting to love a woman but i runaway from her because i find her too good to give me bad experince sound crazy