Can the way you interact with a girls family make or break a possible relationship with her?

Let's say a girl is really involved with her family. But you dont get along with her family or her family doesn't like you or whatever. Will it lower your chances of being with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it can definitely make or break a relationship, depending on how close the girl is to her family. However, personally speaking, I would still be objective. I would hope my boyfriend and family would get along well but If my family disliked him and did not have a valid reason, then I'm probably not going to take their complaints seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tremendously. In a long term relationship, it is absolutely essential for you to have the acceptance of her family, and for her to have the acceptance of your family. If there is resistance from either family, you will be fighting pressures that the family will exert, and one of you will be torn by feelings of loyalty to your partner and loyalty to your family.

What Girls Said 25

• If she's really involved with her family I would say so. It's a big factor for me and I'm the same way when it comes to my family.

• In my case it is not a deal breaker. Been with my man 8 years and we are engaged. My parents are the problem though, not him. I am 26 and he is 28. We have two kids but they treat us both like we are young and stupid for instance he wants to move and I support that so we are buying our first home 4 hours away and my mother has nothing but negative comments and scenarios to say however she will never say it to his face only mine. Once you are adults it is your relationship not theirs. It is not their place to interfere unless you are not safe with that person.

• Absolutely! Of course, it depends on her relationship with her family. If she doesn't get along with them, then it's going to be less of an issue if it's even an issue at all. But if she's like most people and values her family's opinions, then you not getting along with them will likely be a deal breaker in the long run.

I'm very tight with my family so for me it is highly important that I be with a partner who not only gets along with my family, but fits in well with them. I wouldn't want to spend my life with someone who doesn't want to be part of my family.

• Yes, it can definitely make or break a relationship, depending on how close the girl is to her family. To a girl a family is everything, cause one day she will also became a mother and have her own little family

• It will lower your chances of being a long lasting relationship with her, probably.

Family is very important to most people (women in particular).

Personally? I wouldn't care that much as long as everyone could be civil and not act like a jacka*s every time they get together. Not everyone has to love each other.

But that opinion varies from girl to girl.

• For me, yes it will lower your chances. My family is important to me and if a guy can't get along with them then I doubt it will work.

• Depends on the girl. I'm sure if the girl is family orientated she may want you to get along with her family, because family would be important to her. Some people would put family first then there SO.

Other times the girl would understand that, not everyone gets along, and it's normal not too <-- i see it that way. It may lower the chances of being with her, a small margin.

• UMM yes! most g girls pay attention to how you treat her family. try your est to get along wit them, most likely if you don't get along with her family... sorry kid but yo won't get along with her. the apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree! ^_^

• It can but it depends on the girl!

• Depends on a girl, if her family doesn'l like you at all, they might push her to break up, but it does matter what her family thinks of you. :)

• It won't bode well for you. I would make an effort to get on their good side and smooth over stuff if she's important to you.

• if they're really close it may hurt your chances. as long as they don't disrespect you, just figured out a way to simply tolerate them.

• Well it make it if you get along fabulously with her family or break it if it gets awkward.

• I'll just say the 85% of the arguments I've had with my husband involve extended family. It's a bigger deal than most people realize.

• As long as you treat her good then its going to be alright. If her family doesn't like you even after you treat her good then I'd say if she loves you a lot she would for sure pick her happiness with you over her family bc in the end it's still her family and like it or not you will be her loved one and she has to let them see you are a special person for her🤓

• It depends on why they don't like him.
    If its due to prejudice, I would tell them to get over it. But if its because he'd rude.. well...

• depends on the girl. if my parents/family don't like the guy i bring home, they would spend all their energy breaking it off. and they'd succeed.

• If it's me, it doesn't lower his chances. It eliminates them.

• Yes for me it s a deal breaker.
    If we are exclusive he s part of the famiky now.

• What if you're not exclusive? And she's just testing the waters since she knows you like her, spent time together and her herself has began to develope the same feelings. but is predetermining everything before she makes up her mind about where you stand. with her.

• Yea not necessarily exclusive but yes I ll bring my boyfriend to meet my parents before taking a step further in the relationship.
      And if they don t get along together at all the relationship just stop there.
      But hey, that s just me.

Anw it depends if he actually tried and my parents are being rude with him that s a different case.
      But yet again, my parents aren t usually rude unless there is a reason.

• Yes if the girl has a good relationship with her family.

• It depends on person only. Hard to make conclusion on it.

• i dont think it should.
    if you treat your girl good and she really loves you, her family shouldn't matter.
    although it could be frustrating sometimes, and life would be easier if you and her parents didn't get along i know that id still stay with my boyfriend if he was good to me and i loved him dearly.

• Depends on how much she loves you.

• Absolutely. My family should like you and you should get along with them. I'll do all possible things to make your family happy and will respect them whether I like them or not.
    So I'm not asking for that lovey dovey thingy, I just want you to respect them and get respected.

• It all depends on the girl. If she values her family's opinion on her partners, then the answer is yes. If not, then no; she'll stay with you no matter what. Just don't expect to be invited to any family gatherings lol

What Guys Said 6

• Yes and no. There's an old saying that goes along the lines of "you don't marry your spouse, you marry their family." And there's a lot of truth to it as her family members will become saturated into your own life.

If a girl's family members don't like you, they could talk some nasty gossip to her about you, and that could impact her decision to stay with you. If they are a controlling family, they could bar her from seeing you ever again in extreme situations. However there are instances where the girl's parents may dislike you, but that will make her rebel against her parents and make her even crazier for you. Much like Romeo's and Juliet's families. But don't go that route if you can help it.

• Maybe. Do you mean in an exclusive relationship? What are things that they don't like you at the first place..

• Thats the thing, what if she has started to develope feelings for me but hasn't told me. What if she's just testing the waters on how well you get along?

• I think it's bigger possibility that her family members don't like you if she said that.

• She never said any of that. Im just hypothesizing rn. They've only seen me, we've never actually talked before so they're basically pre-judging me like everyone else. Other than that i was invited to her bday party. N

• No as lon. As you realize you are dating her not them. And make a effect to be nice to them but keep it. At the lvl nothing more. Don't be trying to earn there respect or get there approve you don't need it... this is something I learned The hard way.

• I suppose it's possible, yes.

• Depends on the girl.

• Yeah of course man, but it depends on the bitch.

• Nah. Just stop it.

• Awww... what a fool

• I mean the bitch part. You sound like youd get turned into someones bitch rq