Should I try to rush as a senior even though everyones saying I won't get in?

Im a senior in college and i would try to join a sorority next semester through formal rush in the spring-- but seniors were rejected last semester because the sororties wanted younger girls who could later fill leadership positions. Should I try anyway? If i get rejected it will be very painful-- but ever since i found out i shouldn't try- I've been in a really bad mood.

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I don't think it really matters if you get in or not. That being said though if you're goal is to get in then I would say that not doing rush is probably not the best plan to get in. Therefore, in order to achieve what you want, the only path you have is to go by rush even if the odds are long. So it only makes sense that you give it a shot because the time involved to rush is really not a big time investment.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you can try. If you know going in that it's unlikely you will be accepted, it does help the pain of rejection.

What Guys Said 2

• As a senior? You have made it this far without them. Why bother? Just to be treated as the freshman pledges are?

Focus uopon your graduation and your future.

• Go for it 🙃

What Girls Said 1

• Just try it or do what make you the most happiest!