Why is there such a stigma about dating someone with a different ethnic background?

I like a girl of different ethnicity than myself and people give me glares. People expect that because I am in one category i am only suppose to date in a specific pool of prospects. I have been turned down because of my background before and I don't like that. A girl told me her mom wouldn't allow it because race is a big thing with her and she believes in stereotypes. To be frank my school seems a lot more comfortable with me dating a guy of any background then a girl of a specific one.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• There shouldn't be. It happens though because not everyone is brought up with the idea that all different backgrounds should be respected.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!