Me and my boyfriend have been dating long distance, He is going to go off to the military soon and I don't know if I will ever be able to see him. I'm thinking about going to college in France, so that will also make it harder. His mom and dad also dislike me, but he doesn't care what they think and wants to still be with me. I just don't know what to do at this point.
- Break Up20% (3)25% (1)21% (4)Vote
- Not go to Paris13% (2)50% (2)21% (4)Vote
- Try to see if he will stay with me0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Just go our separate ways for a while20% (3)25% (1)21% (4)Vote
- Stay together and just continue long distance47% (7)0% (0)37% (7)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
You should definitely have a conversation with him about this. I don't think that you should be sacrificing your dreams for his, because there's no guarantee that he would do the same for you (also, preventing someone from following their dreams can breed resentment). You might find it easier to break up. I have done the long distance thing, and it's so hard, especially when you start losing hope of ever being able to be together. Just be honest with each other.0