Does not wearing makeup on a date show carelessness?

I never wear makeup. Using it to cover my acne would feel like a lie, like I was giving a false impression of what I look like. Things like mascara and eyeliner never appealed to me either.

I've seen articles and such by various people talking about how people in relationships stop "trying" fr each other--one of the examples of no longer trying or caring being not putting on makeup.

I'm not dating anyone nor do I necessarily plan to any time soon, but should I, would not dressing up with makeup make me look careless or lazy? I never wear it and I don't like to, but I also don't want to leave the false impression that I don't care or am not trying.

Guys, would you think your date didn't care about going out with you if she didn't put effort into doing her makeup? Girls, do you always wear makeup on dates?

• Yes, it would make you look like you don't care enough about the date/him to put effort into your look.
  • No, he won't care whether or not you wear makeup.
  • Other/Results

Most Helpful Guy

• If he already knows you a little bit, he probably already knows you do not wear any and therefore is no problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't say to wear make up or not but I think when going on a date, especially a first date it's important for both party's to show some attention to their appearance. It does show a degree of respect for anyone you are meeting. I would say the same thing for a job interview. Probably not the same look but attention to appearance non the less.

What Guys Said 2

• On the first few dates look good, after that he knows how hot you can be, and we don't need to see it every day. Especially if we're going to like chilis.

• I wouldn't care about you not wearing make up, if anything I would be more into because it shows you're comfortable in your own skin.

I voted C as I think some guys might care about this.

What Girls Said 2

• Eh I am not sure... I don't wear make-up most day because i don't care to show my zits... but sometimes i want to look pretty...

• If he is used to you with no makeup he would have no reason to expect it