Why did he tell his roommate I'm not his "lover"?

Like we talk daily-text and sometimes via phone (I don't want to overkill it). He says good morning beautiful every morning.

We were playing Black Ops (online because he's in a different state) and his roommate was watching and started showing off and was like "is she your lover" and he's like "no that would be kind of hard, she's miles away". His friend started showing off more and he told him to stop lol. So later that night I asked him "so I'm not your lover?" And he's like "no" and told me that he thought that meant sexual partner. I said no that means like "I like you-you like me" and he asked me to be his "lover".

why did he deny it? To show off in front of his roommate? He is in the army maybe it's him being macho?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lover means something sexual to him. It sounds like you solved this when you asked him about it. Hope it goes well for you two!

What Guys Said 3

• I agree with him that he though lover as in sexual and that's why he said no it would be hard as we're miles apart. Don't look too much in to it.

• maybe he was embarrassed. guys have a tendency to make fun of each other and belittle their friends in front of the women they care for or love.

• So you're just a frequent textmate of his?

What Girls Said 3

• no he just told u! gosh women can u hear yourself speak!!!

• I don't think he denied being your lover to show off. More or less simply because, as he stated to you, he thought lovers meant to have sexual relations. Which clearly you guys aren't, at the moment. Everyone's definition of lovers is different.

• Yeah lover definitely means sexual, so he wasn't wrong in his answer.