Why does every woman I meet have some psychological issue?

They're always crazy, not like "Oh ho ho! she's a little uppity, ya know?" They either have social anxiety, depression, bipolarity, or something else. Is there an uptick of mental illnesses in this generation? Every girl I meet has at least one of these things, no matter where I go.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that there is greater tolerance for mental illness than before and i think it is possible that the prevalence of social or mood disorders has increased. i also think that this generation is a bit narcissistic as a whole... prone to introspection and focusing on one's own problems... so we might come off as having some facsimile of mental illness, though probably not the actual thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• You'd be surprised how quickly doctors will diagnose somebody with depression and what have you in order to sell a few pills.
    Simply being a little upset or down about life at any moment is enough to earn a diagnoses of depression. Appear bored in class and choosing to daydream? You're ADD. The pill subscribed to you makes you even more depressed? You're suicidal, but they have a pill for that.

Everybody has issues, dude. I say as long as she isn't trying to cut your dick off when you sleep or smear shit on the walls you can get past it.

What Girls Said 8

• I suffer from GA disorder, OCD and depression but most people aren't aware. A lot of people you meet has at least one type of mental illness, it comes with being human. Most of us don't admit it because people look at it as undesirable or something to be ashamed of instead of treating it.

• Prevalence in mental illness also depends on where you live. For example, my country's relatively newly independent, so widespread poverty and illiteracy was a thing until quite recently (about 30 or so years ago). Moreover, the incredible lack of mental health awareness means that the issues and emotional scars the older generations carried were never resolved, and thus remained to be inflicted upon the younger generations in the form of toxic home environments.

It doesn't help either that my country has a poorer human rights record. Less tolerance for anyone from the racial, religious, sexual and gender minorities certainly means more psychological stress for them. Lack of legal protection further increases risk of psychological trauma (hate crimes, police violence, family abuse etc.) and hardship (restricted access to healthcare, jobs, housing and financial assistance).

Plus, in the community where I grew up, beatings, verbal attacks on the person and dehumanizing labels are kinda the norm for parenting. So when you put it like that, it's not hard to see why so many people fall through the cracks.

• We're all fucked
    Either that or too many have been misdiagnosed

• I feel this way about a lot of the guys I interact with as well. Maybe you just attract those kinds of people...

• I think we all do its just learning to control it and not let it control us.

• Have you ever thought you have bad taste in women?

• I honestly have tried a whole range of women, I don't stick to a particular niche. Regardless of the variety, they seem mentally unstable.

• It's not even a matter of choosing girls, it's every one I come across has some sort of mental illness, this isn't exclusive to one particular kind of girl, it goes all across the spectrum.

• You could be attracting those types too.

• Maybe? I have anxiety but its due to another illness caused by pcos. Also they could be side effects from birth control?

• I have anxiety, OCD and depression but most people don't realise there's anything wrong until I tell them I have these issues 2or 3 months in. Mental illness affects a wide range of people some are better at hiding it than others. They're not crazy or really much different to anyone else they just need strong people around them because weak people can't handle their bad days.

What Guys Said 10

• OMG no shit eh !!
    Same.
    I swear every chic out there that's single has issues.
    Why do you think they were single to begin with? It's because they are some other guys thrown out , kicked to the curb trash !

Bi polar , mentally disturbed or something I swear. My luck can't be that shitty so I've narrowed it down to , most have issues and are unstable in one way or another.

Girls , proove me wrong if possible

• nah, we all are fucked in the head honestly.

• Everyone has their own issues to an extent... it's whether or not we can look past that.

• All women are like that. You can't search for a woman that is not crazy because all are. You must try and find the one who is as sane as possible.

• I think you've to change your thinkings before continued to bump into these kind of girls anymore.

• And what is wrong with a problem? Honestly make the flaws gifts... Make it the special unique bond that holds you to the other person... And honestly we are all insane in our own ways... "Dives off of a 60 ft diving board "

• dude i love women like that

• That's usually the case, they all need to be medicated

• Hahah so true. Me too

• A lot do but you just have to learn to read the signs and move on. About one girl in four is pretty sane. About half of guys are pretty unbalanced too, you just don't notice as much.