Guys, Do guys believe in 'the one'?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe that there is one person that you were destined to be with, and that if you screw it up with them, its over for you. But i do believe in being compatible and falling in love--and that there are only so many people that are right for you.

What Guys Said 20

• Do you mean Jet Lee or Neo?

• www.google.com/search

assuming we are living in the matrix, yes.

• I do NOT believe in 'the one'.
    I believe that everyone meets a number of persons he or she can be happy with. Just don't chase them away, don't hurt each other, both have lots of respect and empathy. Then many flowers can grow between you.

• Yes, I do.

• No, people who are date-worthy could make a happy partnership with many others. Other people are just impossible and can't make a happy partnership with anyone.

• Nope, I believe in very strong friendships/connections but there's no magic to it. I think there are many "the ones" and even then it's only referring to a long term relationship that I don't expect to last forever.

• She is probably somewhere out there. Sleeping with someone else lmao.

• Nah, I doubt I ever will either. It just sounds stupid to me, even if there is a "one", she could exist anywhere in the world, which sort of makes the whole scenario a bit more hopeless than what the whole idea set out to make it out as :P

• Lol no. The concept is stupid.

There are literally millions of people on this planet that any single person is compatible with. The soulmate stuff is garbage.

• yes they do, not all of them though

• I believe in the One Ring of power forged by Sauron in the fires of Mount Doom to rule them all!
    IN the hour Isildur TOOK the ring I was there when the strength of men failed!

• I used to. ^_^

• No. We have over seven billion people on this planet. The idea that only one of them is right for you is ridiculous.

• My fiancee is "the one."

• Sure we do. Or at least, a good amount of us do. Even if we're too cynical or, "manly", to admit it.

• I did and then she left me, now I am lonely, sad, bitter, jaded and I hate women. So no I don't believe in 'the one'.

• Yes I do. I also believe that the one still might not be the one you end up with.

• not really sure, but if she does exist, i haven't found her yet

• I think people are sort of like blood types. Some are compatible with nearly anyone and some are compatible with nearly no one. Add attractiveness into the mix and there are some people who have a combination of lack of compatibility and lack of attractiveness to a degree there is basically no way they are ever going to find anyone they are happy with.

• No... if you find a person you like, you tolerate them as long as they are tolerable. But there is no fate, there is no set pairings of humans by a fictional deity.