I like this guy and he likes me but he doesn't show it. Please help?

So I've been knowing this guy since 9th grade year (I'm in the 12th grade now) and he's liked me ever since then. It wasn't really "love at first sight" for me but I started to like him once he asked me to be his girlfriend back in 9th grade. He let me wear his jacket, we held hands and kissed and etc. However the relationship didn't even last for a day. He texted me saying "Lyric I like you but I don't know if I'm ready yet" I was pissed because I felt like he should've asked himself that before asking me out. Then, a few months later, I went on his twitter that he was going out with this girl named Mia 2 months after he told me that he "wasn't ready". Then during that summer, he texts me saying that he misses me and wants to go back out with me, and I told him that I felt the same way. We didn't go back out that year but we always scheduled to stay after school so we could see each other.
Soo during this past summer, we were talking/texting each other a lot. He was asking me to come see him but yet I kept turning him down because I was too nervous to go see him by myself. But he asked me if I still liked him and I said yes and he said that he still likes me too. However, he's not doing anything about it. And I was on snapchat yesterday and I put on my story "I only like one person" and he messaged me saying "lol who" then later on during the convo, I confessed that it was him and he just said "lol aww" Should I give up on him even though I still like him?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't sound like he would ever commit into having a relationship with you.

I had a guy I dated and then he said he couldn't commit. Then we dated off and on for 2 years. After that I said fuck it and that I couldn't keep doing it anymore. Never trusted him again.