Are east Africans black?

I am east African but to me we dont feel or look like ''africans''. We look to different, a lot of them look mixed, my mother s hair for example straight like a white person, but mine is curly and big and a lot but not coarse and some look indian, arabic and our culture is also completely different we are more persian cultured then African, from our morals to culture. A lot of eats Africans i know hate west Africans and do not like to be compared to them simply because they dont look them, to thats a bit racist. But what are we?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why does race matter

Most Helpful Girl

• East Africa as in Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania?
    Then yes, as a white person I would say people from those countries are just as black as people from say Nigeria or Angola.. Of course there's gonna be cultural and physical difference and that's only natural in a continent as huge as Africa (and to tell you a secret the most beautiful girl I ever met was from Kenya) – though saying that people from those countries aren't black seems a little bit to me like people from Scandinavia or Russia saying they aren't white..

What Guys Said 4

• you're human

• depends on the part of east africa, but most likely yes. and hair doesn't mean anything.

• Ethiopians seem to have a different look than other Africans. Where are you from?

• Who cares they all look the same to me

What Girls Said 7

• I can tell the difference between East and West Africans, but East African still look more like West Africans than indians Arabs and persians. And yes, East Africans are black.

• Sounds like a mix of all that stuff including black. In America if you have a drop of black you're considered black, not sure what the deal is over there. They don't like west Africans because it's more clear what their ancestry is and thanks to racism/white supremacy black is associated with negativity, but they themselves have that genetic material thanks to interracial mixing and black people having the most dominant genetic traits out of all the races (another primary reason for racism/white supremacy btw).

• Yeah, East Africans are black. They have different facial features from the West, South and Central (and obviously the North seeing as they're Arab) but they have black skin and that makes them black.

• do you look like meyy?

• Black, African-American, and African are three different things. How people see you may be black. Maybe 😴😴😴

• The term black is used to label those of African descent so yeah you are.

• There are mixed people in every country