Should a girl always be available for a guy when he asks her out?

In the first few weeks of dating... Should the girl always be available for the guy when he asks her out? Or should she say no sometimes?

For example, I was available for the first two dates. Should I turn down the third date and reschedule with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you already had other plans, you should not drop your other plans just because a guy says he wants to hang with you. You should inform him that you have other plans. However, if the other plans came after you made plans with the guy, it would be rude to change those plans after the fact.
    (One exception might be, "Hey my friend from out of town, that I have not seen in years, just called and said that she is going to be passing through on that night. Would you mind rescheduling so that I can see her while she is here?")

Short answer, no. You should not always be available, but you should be honest about your availability. Even if saying no is just because you don't want to say yes. That is your right as a person. If he can't handle it, you don't need him.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't need any games. Say No when you are not available. Say yes when you are available. It is that simple.

What Guys Said 7

• DON'T PLAY CHILDISH GAMES UNLESS YOU WANT BE SINGLE

• No, women have a busy life's as well.. just like some of the guys do, it is my opinion that you should not drop everything because some guy says.. hey I am coming over to pick you up.. be ready.. but one must also be honest in a relationship both to themselves and to the so called other person.. if you are busy and he or she is cramping your style.. step up to the plate and say so, if his feelings are a bit hurt well so be it he will get over it.. there are 7 days in a week and 30 to 31 days in a month.. just make it for another time

• LOL no, that's crazy.

Say yes when you're available, and say no if you happen to have plans. Don't play crazy games.

• Only say no if you really have something going on and can't keep your date. Otherwise, you are just being stupid with whether or not you should be available or not, like it's a strategy or such. I don't see the point in saying no if you don't have a reason to keep the date.

• If you're available, then you're available. If you're not, then you're not. No mind games please.

• No. Men don't want you to fucking turn them down you dumb shit. I hate women who think that men are attracted to agressive "I'm better than you, I don't need you" behavior. This shit will either make him feel sad, or it will piss him off.

Make yourself available, show him that you care about him. Men aren't attracted to "strong women".

• Of course you should be available when we ask. It's a privilege after all.

What Girls Said 11

• If you're busy or have other plans, then it's fine to reschedule. He should respect that your life includes more than just him. You aren't ditching him; you're asking to reschedule.

• Don't play games.
    If you're available and wanting to go on a date, do it.
    If you're not, then don't.

If there's one thing guys hate it's a game.
    As soon as he knows you're playing he might be uninterested in you.

• just do what you usually do. iff that leaves you free ten you're free.

you guys should take turns asking each other out so he doesn't always feel like he's doing all the work and you dont always feel like you're doing nothing but waiting.

• Only if you are truly unavailable. If he's a good and honest guy, then be honest back. Don't listen to all that manipulative bullsht

• Simple as this: If you already have plans or need to do something that's more important, then reschedule. If you're available then stick to it

• I don't see the valid point in your approach. In fact I think it's a little stupid

• Depends if he is the genuine straightforward type or a game player

• If you really like him I don't think thats the right thing to do. Sometime a guy can missunderstand it and think that you don't like him. :)

• if they can't wait they are not worth it.

• It's childish to play games. It's not cute and it will not make him fall in love with you or propose. You will end up single

• You should have a life of your own. Remember you are not building your life around him. You are letting him in your life.