Guys, Is dating/realtionship a thing guys really want anymore?

I recently got together with a guy who had wanted to hookup but I told him I dont like to do that unless Im in a relationship. And a few weeks later he asked me out. And he's in a different state but was coming home in a little more than a month. We went from talking all the time to like nothing. And he only talked about sexual things really. It the realm of things I guess he only wanted to be with me for sex. Thankfully I caught it before I got played and told him friends is the only option. Is this all guys want these day? Is being a relarionship that sucky? I mean i'd rather not burden guys with my want for them cause I guess that would be teasing, It may sound prude and weird but I just dont do hookups. If were together then of course all day everyday. But I'll keep to myself if this is all guys want.

8

Most Helpful Guy

• You made the right choice. Don't let that one guy, or a few guys you've ran into in life, ruin the image for all men. Guys are different, just like girls, and the one you want is out there and more common than you may think. I know because I am one of them. There are plenty others too.

What Guys Said 7

• to a point. It's something we know exists, at sounds reasonably pleasant, but more than anything, we understand that it could result in a steady stream of sex. It's definitely something we're considering, but it might take a while for us to consider that over the endless stream of sexy kinky butt horny ladies, if we actually manage to find them. That's why women who actually want relationships try to shame such girls into hiding.

• Men need sex like you need an emotional connection.

Guys tend to not care about connecting on an emotional level, so when a dude is romancing a girl, he really is going against his nature trying to provide you with what you need in exchange for what he needs from you (I don't care about all the simps on this site; most of the time they're feminine losers that'll put up with ball stomping so long as they're getting female attention).

Look at it this way, you know how you won't sleep with anyone unless you've made an emotional connection with them? You crave good conversation full of personal topics so that you can really feel like you know the person? Men crave sex in that same way; It's almost like an itch that we can't scratch without your help, and we have to jump through hopes hoping to be alleviated of this annoying itch.

Every time you interact with men you have to come to grips with the fact that men buy the implied sex you're providing with their implied love. A man invests more time and effort into the initial courting process than you do; All you have to do is show up, be pretty, and have a vagina, whereas he needs to impress you and give you all the conversation, emotion, romance, etc that he normally doesn't do with his guy friends (or cares about).

You're expecting female behaviour out of a man, and that's a stupid thing to do. Men have always wanted sex; There isn't a man alive (unless they're a cuckold) who doesn't want sex out of you, or could be in a sexless relationship. The funny thing about it? You think your vagina is worth its weight in gold, meaning you think giving up your vagina is a lot more a heavy price than all the effort and time the guy put into even getting you to drop your pants in the first place.

My advice is to stop putting your own pussy on the pedestal, go out with guys, and see how you feel. If you're attracted to a dude and he wants sex, understand that he's a man and physically needs it instead of taking offense and thinking that he only looks at you as a cheap piece of ass (cause realistically sex is a small price to pay for all the dates he's taking you on, time he's investing in you, and your idea that he needs to devote himself to you before having sex with you).

Or just write of men altogether until you're in your 30s, lonely, and really in trouble.

• Another point I forgot to add: Male sexuality and female sexuality are completely different, too. You want to have sex with that one special guy as many times as possible, whereas men want to have sex with as many women as possible (even if it's only once).

It sucks learning that men and women are completely different on average, but you'll learn to accept it.

• jump through hoops* This site really needs an edit feature, for fuck's sake.

• I would actually like a normal and healthy relationship, but of course you will not believe me anyway.

• I don't know. I'm debating this right now.

• Some guys still do, unfortunately those guys usually get friendzoned

• ... to be perfectly honest, no, guys don't usually want relationships anymore. There really isn't any benefits to being in one today... but there ARE liabilities.

I mean, they're not totally horrible. But the cons definitely outweigh the pros. And don't even bring up marriage -- very high price (and likelihood) of failure.

• Most guys don't want to deal with the nagging and the constant ''watch'' of their GF's... Men want overall freedom

For years I never wanted to commit myself to any girl because I don't want to hurt them and most importantly, affect my freedom

• So its more guys want freedom, and to not have to deal with constantly being with the same person?

• Yes... That's pretty much it... Some (if not most) guys are really not into long-term commitment, they couldn't handle it