Does what you do for a job matter when you are dating?

Would you date or not date someone based on their job?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say no overall.. but if say you are a pimp or something it may put a bit of a spin on things.. but if you do not have a job likethat one I would say hell no it should not matter one bit.. a job is a job.. and a paycheck is a paycheck

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it does matter to me.
    But what matters most is how good and happy he is in his job.
    This really defines who you are as a person, at least for me it is.

What Guys Said 10

• It should matter that they are working and how committed they are. I rather have a hardworking person over a bum. Regardless of their job

• In my opinion it only matters if the person is shallow. In that case you probably would not want to date them anyway.

• It depends. Some people who studied doctorate will only date someone whose level of study also at the top. But personality still matters. You don't want to date an ALL TIME nerd since he's a doctor, don't you?

• It's nice to have a nice office job and be established

• Well, i'd be careful if i were dating someone from health services. Dealing with sick people all the time + changing hours of shifts should not be easy. And i kinda want my SO to be in bed when it's night, not at work.

• Not everyone who works in healthcare has irregular shifts but I appreciate what you are saying.

• Yes! I wouldn't date a stripper

• I doubt it would matter unless she was working with porn, or something.

• I'd take that into consideration.

• If you are a programm girl or thief or a hoe then it could have an impact

• Sometimes. Depends upon the job. If she were a stripper, I probably wouldn't. But hey, everyone's different so I'm sure there are some that don't care.

What Girls Said 1

• Not to me if you do something fun that gets me excited
    @DamnCurtis