Guys, high maintenance girls?

Like girls who care a lot about their hair, nails, clothes, etc. I am like this and a stereotype that comes with this I'd that we are stuck up and full of ourselves. Which is not true because I am not like that. Do guys find high maintenance girls annoying or attractive? What are your thoughts on them? Thanksâ˜ș

I feel offended when people say it shows lack of self confidence and stuff. Cuz I have a lot of confidence and I just want to be the best me I can be. Along with a lot of other girls.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually they are not worth it. I've dated a few and they would always make us late because their outfit or something had to be just right. If we went to a hole in the wall restaurant that had gotten great reviews they would bitch about it looking run down. It got to the point where I had to iron my t-shirts because they felt wrinkles are tacky. They were usually not thoughtful either. As gifts they would give some expensive gift even if I had repeatedly stated that her cooking diner is the only gift I want. I would get some Burberry or Gucci crap that I'll never use and taken to a steak house. They just seemed out of touch like they lived inside a bubble. One of them I thought was my dream girl before we started dating I felt I wanted to marry her. She was so beutiful we would get complimentary shit all the time. Once I got past her beauty I realized she was more into herself then anybody else. She made her mom walk in the rain to get the car because she had just gotten her hair cut. Not a style but a hair cut. A different high maintenance girl I dated hated going out dancing to my favorite salsa club because she would get hot dancing and might sweat in public. Long story short I don't feel high maintenance girls are worth it. They seem to be good at taking the fun out of being able to do spontaneous things.

What Guys Said 10

• High maintenance is not about how much effort the girl puts into herself. It's about how much effort she expect ME to put into her. If she expects everything from me and give nothing in return, that would not be acceptable.

I don't care if she spends 4 hours fixing her nails and hair everyday as long as she doesn't expect me to do anything about that stuff. I have my own life and do my thing on my time. I don't care what she does on her alone time.

• I have dated self proclaimed high maintenance girls in the past but I don't think I would ever do it again. Arm candy for a formal event is fine but for a serious relationship I prefer a girl who doesn't mind getting sweaty and dirty on a date.

• Rule of thumb: If your daily routine has you take longer than one hour in the bathroom, I will not even think about dating you.

It's annoying and shows a lack of self-confidence as well as being superficial.

• I'd rather a bint put effort into her looks than not, but if her attitude tries to cross into my life and my sense of dress + attitude (expecting me to fit into her superficial world of impressing others) then that's when I tell them to fuck themselves.

• Its a turn on if a girl takes care of herself. However, i don't want a girl who is completely narcissistic. And there is no bigger turn off than being arrogant and stuck up. If she isn't those things, then I'd date her.

• Annoying...

• I like low maintance to ZERO maintance

• A little annoying, but I do somewhat admire a girl who wants to seek perfection.

• I avoid them. Like the plague.

• Guys like women who look good, that is just a fact. The thing is all high mantinence women claim that they are not stuck up but frequently are. That is what guys really hate. Once he realizes that you really aren't like that, he will be all over you.