How do unknown people appear in dreams, when we don't even know who they are?

If you are dreaming then there's someone else in your dream who you don't know or never seen. How do these people get into dreams?

Psychology can be in the process of dream, our brains have neurons that can determine the long and short memories. But with unknown people, we don't know for sure how they work. But emotions can play a big role on these people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Our dreams are usually altered and changed by what we see, stuff we saw that day often find there way into our dreams, not uncommon is people we see everyday but often might not realize we notice or register, like kind of like when you walk into a room you may see lots of people but you may not see all there faces or something you know they are there but you don't directly see them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not sure. Maybe you knew them before in another past!

What Guys Said 3

• The interesting fact is that every person you see in your dreams you've seen in your real life. Our brain does not create faces, it just takes the ones that are already there, even if we don't realize it. So, all the unknown people you see in your dreams, you've seen in your real life already. It doesn't change the fact that they are unknown though.

• the brain can create people essentially based on a template. so a person in a dream could actually be a sort of collage of people... from what i learned

• @madhatters4 But you still have to see people in order for the brain to create it.

• right but doesn't necessarily have to be the specific image of a person you came across... you could see 50 random people and in a dream your brain could put those 50 people into one person. that's all i was saying and wasn't disagreeing that you have to see the people that appear in dreams; only that the people you see in dreams aren't necessarily the same representation as they are in real life

• well they are either people you've seen but maybe you don't "know" them but are still images your brain stored. or they can be a collage of people from real life sort of combined to be a person

• When you see people but never actually talk to them causes your brain to unconsciously have curiosity about them and therefore they end up in your dreams. So if you have a dream about a stranger then most likely you have actually seen the stranger but never talked to him in any sort of way.

What Girls Said 4

• so true, i have no idea. this is a good question we don't think about often=/

• You may have seen them before and don't remember.

• I think it's because you will meet them later In life. I had a dream with somebody I didn't know and then one day I met them and I felt I had déjà vu

• it is because you have seen them somewhere and they stay in your mind and then come in your dream. i've studied that in psychology :)