Would you date an Ex-Republican if he was truly sorry for his ignorance?

I just switched from Republican to Democrat 6 months ago. I've come to a point in my life where I realized just how ignorant my political positions were, and I feel really guilty about all the pain of suffering my former party has caused, and I want to be a better person. What will Bisexual girls, racial minority girls, immigrants girls, and just women in general think of me when I tell them I used to be a part of the party that was against them? Will they forgive me and give me a chance? I'm 100% Democrat now that I've realized that everything I've ever stood for was a lie.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Funny because I have started voting republican and feel dumb for ever voting dem

• I don't think I could get along with anyone who was seriously committed to a political party, unless they were just doing it as a career and didn't really believe in any of the bullshit.

• Surely there is a lesser of two evils

• @dudeman

This is not a good example of that principle. The lesser of two evils is for clear cut cases. I know fervent Republicans who are total assholes and Republicans who are very sane and intelligent. I know fervent Democrats who are definitely mentally unbalanced and Democrats who are the nicest people you would ever want to meet. I don't think their political affiliation has much to do with it.

The best explanation for why people choose a political position is the book, 'The Righteous Mind'

www.amazon.com/.../0307455777

It's pop psychology but in a good way.