Hey you! Yeah you right there! Could you please come help me out with a girl I just asked out?

Hey. So yeah, I asked a girl out today to go see a film. She said yes and I was pretty happy about that. I'm texting her now but she said her friend 'invited' herself along. So I don't know what to think! I had plans to pay for the girl I asked out's popcorn and ticket. But now her friend is coming.. Did she just say yes to be nice, because we know each other, and she invited her friend along to go with her. Thanks for any help 😒

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I could be entirely wrong about it, but here's what I think...

I'd say that she's definitely interested, or she wouldn't have said yes in the first place. If she didn't want to come, she would have made up some excuse or changed her mind and backed out.

She is probably bringing her friend along because she's a bit shy or nervous, and not sure how she should act around you, or what you expect of her. Bringing along her friend eases the pressure on herself (even though it may increase it on you).

One thing that would probably give you bonus points would be if you offered to buy both their tickets, or both of their popcorns. I wouldn't offer to buy tickets AND popcorn, as then it'd give the impression that you'd be happy to completely pay for both of them again, and then her friend might end up tagging along on future dates...

If all goes well for you, and you're still interested at the end of the movie (or at the end of whatever you guys do afterwards), and if you think she's interested in you too, try to get her aside and tell her you had fun, and suggest maybe the two of you doing this again alone next time. By suggesting that you two see another movie will mean that she knows how to act alone around you in this setting, so she shouldn't feel the need to bring along her friend again.

To tell if she's interested, aside from the obvious signs a girl is flirting with you, see how her friend acts. Like, if her friend makes sure that the girl sits or stands next to you most of the time, then she's definitely interested, as chances are she will have told the friend how she feels, and the friend will try to pair you guys up a bit. If the friend doesn't do this, she may still be interested though, and her friend just isn't making a big deal about it.

Sorry this is so long, I hope it helps though! Good luck!

• Thanks so much Sprintergirl, this answer is great! Yeah I know her friend, a few weeks ago we all did a musical a few weeks ago and that's how I met the girl. And I spent most of backstage talking to her and 'flirting?'. Her friends kept saying 'aweee how cute' and 'yous would be a great couple.' And her friend definitely knows that I like the girl, because she always says she knows. Sooo. I don't know how her coming too is going to help my situation. Do you have any tips for what I should do at the cinema with them?

• Sorry I don't understand the last bit about the eyelashes. Yeah she's up to my shoulder or something.

• So you know if someone is taller than you, and you have to look up at them? Imagine that you don't lift up your head to look, and all you do is move your eyes so that they're looking upwards.

Try looking at her like that, but as she's shorter you'll have to tilt your head down a bit

Most Helpful Guy

• You could invite one of your friends along as it would make it less awkward. And it would also mean that if you were talking to her, her friend would have someone to talk to and not feel alone. And as for paying for her ticket you could ask her before hand, saying you would like to do it. That way you'll known if she'd appreciate it and could work in your favour. Hope that helped.

• Yeah I was going to buy her ticket but if her friends going to be there like

• Ask her before hand about buying her ticket for her

What Girls Said 5

• Well than you go up to the friend and tell her to fuck off like tell her you want go on a date online and tell the girl as well. Maybe she just nervous so she ask her friend? Just trying to be around her and make her comfortable so she doesn't feel weird !

• I think she's worried that because this is a first date, you might not be a nice guy, and asked her friend along just in case! Be attentive and your charming self this time, and she will probably like you a lot!

Girls nowadays are just cautious, but you seem to be doing good. Go get 'er, tiger!

• Thank you Adorably! Maybe, but still. It makes things a lot harder for me. And I don't know what to do?

• Keep an eye on her friend! If her friend does things like tries to position you two together, or makes faces at her friend, then you are 100% set! That means that she likes you and has told her friend, and her friend is trying to help her out.

Also, try to have fun! The most important thing is just to relax and have a good time.

• She invited her friend because she is probably nervous

• To be completely honest, it's probably because she is nervous. I know from experience when a guy asked me to the movies, I invited a friend along to ease the awkwardness. Afterwards, I could tell he was a little annoyed and we talked about it. How it wanted it just us two. Maybe ask her out again after the movies and say you just want it to be the two of you, but if she feels uncomfortable with that, then maybe try double dates or group dates until she is comfortable. Hope I was able to help! :)

• No, it sounds like she has a friend that forces herself into things.

What Guys Said 3

• If i were you I'd take it as a bad sign. Sounds like she didn't know how to say "no" and ended up inviting her friend so she could make it seem friendly rather than a one on one date.

I could be wrong though.

• I'd say just go with it though. Let it play out. You don't really have anything to lose.

• Yeah. I've talked to some people about it and everyone says different stuff. I overthink things way too much and I put really bad ideas in my head 😂😂😂

• Don't listen to me then cuz I'll put even worse ideas in your head.

• Lol I had something like this happen once. Invited a girl to get something to eat. She "invited" two friends to come along and ate before she came

• She might feel uncomfortable by herself with u. So she wanted a friend for comfort. Just show her that u can be fun with both her and her friend. Dont neglect her friend! Its very important that u get into both their good books. She will always listen to her friends advice and if she doesn't like u then u r screwed with the girl u like.

• Yeah I updated the question, I am good friends with her friend because we all met at a musical we were taking part in. And do you mean uncomfortable because she likes me or just doesn't wanna go

• I don't know. Maybe she thinks u r just friends and hanging out or maybe she really likes u but is nervous. I don't know just have fun.