Is it shallow if I only date pretty girls?

i had a girlfriend who was pretty but nothing special the girl before that was pretty too but still average , now iam a college student and i just have a really large dating pool , i attract girls attention fairly well and my playful, confident and smart personality does help i guess but here's the thing i realized i dont want to date a girl iam not attracted to , so i am keeping a distance if iam not interested in a girl and was wondering how shallow you think that is? i want to date a girl who i think is pretty and attractive to me , sometimes i find pretty girls who iam not even attracted to so i was wondering what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not shallow, not every girl you like is every guys taste, of course we need to be attracted to them or it won't work so it's what ever are preference is

• thats what i was thinking about , maybe saying i want her pretty is shallow but if i dont find her pretty its not going to work out , how am i going to imagine my life with a girl that i dont find attractive? if her beuaty doesn't satisfy me it won't work.

• exactly and i am the kind who sticks to one woman and dont cheat or look elsewhere , so i want her to be attractive to me so i am truyl happy with her.

• Totally makes sense, I agree, that's how I always thought so it's definitely not shallow , just what we prefer

What Girls Said 6

• i dont think its shallow at all, its not like your over here saying you want a girl with extremely rare features and a body that can usually only be achieved through surgery because its too good to be true, we all have our own definitions of perfect. it doesn't make you shallow, just means you have a specific taste. and i believe that not being physically attracted to someone just kills half of the relationship.

• well i suppose mostly we date out match, or someone who close to us in looks for dating. If you want a super pretty girl, then you need to get super handsome... lol but anything can happen.

• I think people should be allowed to date who ever they want. If you only date girls that you are attracted to that is okay. I you want to open up your horizons then try talking to different types of girls and get to know them by personality.

• I do the same. I only go for hot guys! If they are average then they're screwed.

• thats pretty much what people who can do it do

• No, if you're not attracted to someone it's not a crime.

• He is not asking if it a crime or not.. I think he figured that out himself.

• I was speaking figuratively.

• Dude, you got dumped by two girls and are obviously single at the moment. Doesn't tage a genius to see you ain't got a great personality.

Most guys have an inflated sense of their own attractiveness too so I'd say you're not that great looking either.

• i never said i was dumbed by anyone why did assume that? no it ended on good terms since she's moving to Europe for a scholrship and she is the one feeling extremely sad telling me iam perfect in everyway , iam not even cocky

What Guys Said 9

• Nobody wants to date a person they are not attracted to. You sound perfectly normal. You may have higher standards than most, but as long as you can actually get women within your standards, then you are fine.

• I only date girls that I find pretty. It's not shallow, it's natural to have standards. It'd be unethical to date and lead on someone you weren't attracted to.

• exactly , if i lead a girl on iam not interested in actually having a relationship with it will be mostly for sex and knowing the girls here i am pretty sure that would piss them and they won't really be happy about it.

• Nothing wrong with standards man.

• No, not at all. Always go after what you want.

• Yep in my view it is, women now a days have a lot to offer even if they do not look like a goddess

• i want that too but iwant to like how she looks

• Yeah thats pretty much the exact definition of shallow :|

• No, why would you date someone you're not attracted to?

• No, you aren't. I stray towards pretty girls only as well.

• No! You think a girl is pretty because thats the kind of person you would instinctivly date. It just means you aren't doing as much conscious thinking.

• i want her to be pretty for me

• Well if those girls are pretty to you then you can have them be as pretty as you want. This is simply because to me life is a matter of persception. I could possibly percieve red as blue but no one would know because when they see my red they see red not blue. The true journey though, is taking a look into another person's point of veiw. That, in my perspective, is when you are truly wise.

• well , taking a look into another persons view is something i do most of the time , it helps me understnad the situation better and know what others feel , so i pay attention to not hurt anyone... hte girls I've liked in the past were by most standards pretty , but not gorgeous , but for me they were very pretty and i could see myself with them , my problem is i have no idea what iam looking for sometimes girls that are percieved as hot by others i simply dont find appealing at all , i have a weird taste i guess but thats what i like.

• Well I mean that's the only thing that is shallow. If dating someone for their looks is not shallow then exactly what would be shallow?

• well iam not looking for a model , but someone i feel attracted to , a girl i truly think is pretty and i have no problem staying with her ,