Tall muscular girl, short thin guy, what is your GUT reaction?

I am about 5'9 or 5'10 and about 140 lbs. Basically boyish. I work out but any toning is natural, no steroids, so nothing amazing there. There is this older gal that is probably near 6' (just a guess since I'm bad at estimating height) and is athletic, built for a girl.

I am not sure, but she seems to be making googly eyes. Should I ask her out, or am I imagining things? What are the odds she likes me? I see this lady and I think she would want nothing less than a 6'5" bearded lumberjack.

I want answers that are not idealistic feel-good stuff, but honest from the gut. I'm not a huge loser and have no problem meeting women, usually smaller younger women. I can take it or leave it. You can't hurt my feelings or depress me.

• Barf
  • Nope, no way, turn off
  • It could happen
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Approach her! What's the worst that could happen?
    She'll reject you, not much different than what could happen with any other girl.
    It's not like her being tall for a girl makes he be of a different species or anything. It's perfectly possible she's still making 'googly eyes' at you.

Just own your height. Coming from a girl who's 5'10 so also on the taller side, it's super hot when a guy doesn't like something petty like a height difference stand in his way. My boyfriend is also a bit shorter than me and I remember when he first started expressing interest in dating me, I was majorly impressed by his confidence. How he didn't find my height emasculating in any way; that whole idea was mostly in my own head.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at it this way. If you're fairly good with the ladies, you must be attractive. Now consider it from her POV, if she likes guys, how many guys are going to approach her - given her size? Not too many I'd guess. So - if she's straight and she appears interested, she probably is. by the way, if it works out for you, don't be a jerk with her.

• why would I be a jerk? That was random as hell. Thanks for the rest of the answer.

• She's not needy. When I said she's making googly eyes that was just a bad joke. She's not doing anything undignified. If I asked her out and she refused, no jury would convict her for being a tease.

• Oh, well you can see where I was coming from.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• 5'9 or 5'10 isn't that short...

I like tall guys, don't get me wrong, but as long as the guy is tallER, that's fine for me. Other girls are okay with it as long as the guy is reasonably close or the same height.

Don't write yourself off because you aren't super tall.

Go for it.
    What's the worst she could do?

• When I think of a short guy I think of someone who is like 5'5 or 5'6, maybe even 5'7.
      I don't typically think of people that are 5'9 or 5'10.
      And for reference I'm 5'7ish

• @asker
      I do have to agree that if you are short other attributes have to make up for it, like you probably have to be good looking or/and have a slender frame (don't look stocky and stumpy)

• and that is why these short men may have no problems finding gfs, but if you are short and average looking, you are gong to have a much harder time

• It COULD happen.

A shooting star could crash and burn into my house though also.

• My experiences are true, but hey I'm not saying every girl likes short guys. This girl clearly doesn't. I'm just saying don't think just because she's tall that she isn't attracted to you.

I've had one tall girl ask me out and another initiate convo but she said she didn't ask me out even though she thinks I'm "cute". I can't count how many tall girls have wanted me though. Some guys are just attractive bro. At the end of the day some of us regardless of height are just attractive.

• @Joc4Position Ok, but in this case it's not just height. The build might be more of an issue, but I have no idea.

What Guys Said 5

• Dude, go for it!!! I'm 5'7 and I've dated girls as tall as 6ft, what's there to lose. Also, pay no attention to prettygirl12 she is heightist and hates short men, she is one of those short girls that are overcompensating

• It could work. Girls can pretend to have all the preferences they want, but once you charm them and appeal to their hearts, many of those preferences go out the window. But, you should start strength training, anyway. Try Stronglifts 5x5.

• I've done everything under the kitchen sink. I do strength train, just not religiously. I'd have to do it full time, then maybe after 10 years I'd see results. Steroids is the only way I'm going to get impressive size. That's never going to happen while I have a say in it.

• Trust me I've known many guys who got too huge and just looked nasty. I would focus on staying lean and working on core exercises to get a six pack. Defenition is key

• I think anything from a swimmer/soccer/ lightweight mma fighter to a lean bodybuilder/ mma fighter is a good range, I would not focus on aiming for power lifter or heavy bodybuilder/ biker body

• Sounds hot... any photos of her?

• Why? YOu could find models online of all shapes.

• Just wondering...

• It could happen, you might get lucky, I like tall and athletic girls too.

• 5'9 5'10 and 140 pounds is boyish? Shit. I wonder what I am then.

Bruh I love girls bigger than me. Go for it.

• It's not about what I love, it's about if I should risk asking.

• I'm light skinned, and I've been denied by girls before. One of my exs went on to seriously date another guy.

I'm not perfect dude. Girls have made sure I know I'm not attractive to them before.

That's why I say you don't know unless you ask. You can't go by what she looks like. When that 5'10 chick tried talking to me I was shocked myself. You never know man until you find out.

• Yeah 140 pounds is on the thin side for 5'9-5'10 but it isn't bad, I'm 5'7 and 128 pounds and would rather be thin muscular then bulky, ideal for me would be between130-135 pounds with high muscle composition (toned and defined)