Girls, why don't you ever ask guys out?

I'd like to know why. Is it because you are scared?

19

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that girls are judged more harshly if they make the first move and ask a guy out and this is not something I agree with but I believe that's just how society is. With the fear of rejection and ensuing depression aside, if a guy asks a girl out, it's still widely considered the norm and the guy is applauded for having balls. But given the same situation with a girl asking someone out, suddenly negative labels are attached e. g. desperate, easy, etc. And the common comments and advice found on so many online forums about guys liking to chase instead of being pursued probably is a good indication that it's suggested that girls have more to lose by making the first move.

What Girls Said 18

• I have asked guys out but never with the hope of a relationship from it. There is too much social stigma against a woman pursuing a man in any way.

• Because rejection would completely DESTROY me, and I was never desperate enough to do so.

• #generalisation410 some women have 'a pair' and know how to approach men, just FYI.

• Because all the guys around me are loser hahah! no because I can!

• I asked my boyfriend out (he's my first ever boyfriend, oh god it was so scary) and it was the most difficult thing I've done in my life but I didn't want him to be snatched away by somebody else (that lil' bitch is cute). I was so awkward about it but he seemed to understand it thankfully. I never really talked to guys much before tbh so even approaching guys is pretty scary for me.

• They do, it just depends on the girl. Most girls (like myself) aren't confident enough in themselves to approach a guy that they find attractive. It's an introvert thing, I guess.

If I get rejected then I might get depressed for a while... but I wouldn't want to miss the chance to ask that person.

• Welcome to the guys world. This is exactly how we feel.

• Because no guys im interesred in has shown any interest in me, in addition I want to get to know the guy on a friendship level bwfore asking him out

• I do, but only if I know he's into me too. I've tried asking out guys who weren't into me... Never works out :|

• Terrified!! Maybe the newer generation will be different but most of us have grown up in a world that has taught us that if a guy likes you, he will make the first move, and that guys don't like "pushy" girls.

• Yeah, you're just worried they won't like you back. Although I do ask guys out and so do most girls I know :)

• I have asked a guy out. it was my ex and i have more balls than him and any other guy/girl

• for me yes it is. it also because of a few insecurities but yeah. i don't think i have a chance in hell so i don't ask.

• Now you know how guys feel.

• I'm a pretty shy person so I just have a hard time figuring out how to approach the guy I like. I have and am not afraid to approach a guy tho

• I'm mean yeah, I'd be a little scared but no more so than a guy. As girls we are often told that pursuing a guy too much can be a turn off for him and it makes us cautious.

• Scared! Ha. You guys get complexes about women asking you out. I've done it a couple times but found its basically barely worth the effort if you guys are going to make such a big deal about it.

• not scared of falling in love with them but scared of rejection

• I asked a guy out, it scared him.

• I can't speak for every woman, so I do not know. Maybe they are old fashioned. Could be fear, could be shy.

I ask guys out, if I am interested. I don't care. I got turned down once because he had a girlfriend, no problem. I moved on and later asked another guy out. We went out on some dates but we weren't as compatible as I thought. Still a nice guy, though.