Do guys in their 30s want to date 30 year old women, or do they prefer to date 20 year olds?

Also guys in your 40's, would you go for a woman in her 30s or still prefer a 20 year old.

I Guess my question is are women still considered datable after they hit 30?

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, archetypally, or stereotypically if we like, 20 year olds are rather hot, but don't tend to have much going on upstairs. 30 year olds tend to be more distinguished, sometimes at the expense of looks.

Both of these are nonsense in actuality. I want an attractive in shape girl, who has her own mind and character (which is not the same as being successful in 'society'). Age is usually less correlated than we think. A girl who doesn't take care of herself is not attractive at any age, there's just a more forgiving allowance when you're young; same, age isn't necessarily correlated with character, otherwise, we wouldn't live in such a fucked-up world. I want a girl who takes care of herself. Age is a load of bullshit.

• Also, I understand why men are attracted to hot 'husks', but still, it doesn't lead to fulfilling relationships. One has their fill, and gets bored. You get what you deserve.

• Couldn't agree more

Most Helpful Girl

• doesn't master what guys say. most relationships have little age discrepancy. i think guys just want to seem more desirable sod they threaten going after younger women. in reality most younger women dont want a guy who can be their father. some do and once they've had their fill they go younger., some women need t find a guy with money bc they have been blocked from earning their own,. but thats not a preference for older guys.

as women are more and moire assertive and successful age difference is closing in. not that it was ever overwhelmingly protege and distinguished grey. if you ever visit grave yards from centuries ago. the ages are upon average remarkably similar. and the ups and downs are on both sides. there are women older than men significantly.

dating doesn't mean anything. its like saying sex./ most people will have sex with anyone attractive but won't settle with just anyone. sol guys boasting about who they date are just saying who's willing to fuck them., and those women can also be fucking guys their own age.

in settling down older people might want younger people as an idea, but you're people have to be up to it. and starting your life with someone who has already gone halfway through there's, is mot often not preferable., except in cases where the woman has no choice. statistically.

the is why a lot of guys are terrified of equality. they know this will have a drastic impact on their ability to 'pull younger women'. without poverty being an insensitive, everyone is judged on character and looks., not 'money' or supposed status.

independent women dont need older men. being older is not automatically attractive. its just that were still coming off of the tale end of power only being available to women, through their affiliation with m en. thats coming to an end.

i think attraction wise most people would go younger if they could. but personality wise thats not satisfying. and anyhow most people can't do whatever they want. especially the ones thinking theyll date younger for life. it goes away. and dating is not at all the same as partnership. dating is like a phase. it passes.

women and men are dateable at any age. doesn't mean that the people who want to date them, are the ones they want.

What Guys Said 21

• I would date a woman who's personality compliments my own. The age does not matter to me. If we enjoy similar things/activities, than it is a good start. If we have beliefs that go well together, there is room for growth. These are not factors of age, but of compatibility. Compatibility, and companionability are more important to me than age.
    However, I have found that having similar pop-culture references from growing up in the same time frame does make a difference in some circumstances.

• I'm 46 and date a 46 year old, most of my friends are over 30 and I honestly can't see myself with a 20 something. What would we talk about? Besides a woman closer to my age knows what she wants, and has some idea on how to get it. Less game playing, more ambition. As for sexy there are many 30+ women who are drop dead gorgeous, think about it. don't believe me realize that Jennifer Aniston is 46.

• Ok Jennifer Aniston is a freak of nature to be that hot at 46. Ha ha!

But no I agree, there are lots of women who look great in their 40s. Hope I'll be one of them...

• The actress that plays the Goth chic on NCIS is in her 50's.

• I'm in my 20s and prefer to actually date women in their 30's. So I think my preference will stay the same when I hit my 30's or I may got for women in their 40's.

• That's interesting. Why do you think you are attracted to older women?

• They are also just much more sexier to me in general.

• Let's hope you don't have a change of heart

• If I was in my 30s and had all that experience and I could get a girl in her 20s why would I want a girl in her 30s?

• Thanks for your opinion. But doesn't a level a maturity count for anything? Would it be possible for a guy in his 30s to intellectually connect with a 20 year old?

Or is that not important at all?

• I don't find much of a maturity difference between women in their 20s and 30s. sure they may have more life experience but that's not always a good thing typically a bad thing.

• @dudeman you are right about the likelihood of more baggage; but no I disagree that a woman doesn't mature between their 20s and 30s... You become more empathetic, understand men better, you also know yourself better, have more defined goals and ideals... But maybe it's exactly this maturity that guys do not like...

• That depends on how well you age. Some people are still dateable at 30, but some aren't. Being my age now, i wouldn't date a 30 year old, not because of how they currently looked, but because of how they WILL look. I don't want someone that is gonna age so much sooner than i am.

But if i were 30 or older on the other hand, i don't think I'd have much of a problem dating a 30 year old woman (although I'd still prefer younger). Again, its not about how they currently look, its about how much time they have left.

I personally hope i find my lifelong partner before age 30 though, because although i wouldn't lose my love for her when she gets older, I'd like to enjoy her in her youth as long as possible.

• I like younger and date younger

• Thanks. That helps to confirm my suspicions...

• Yes women are still datable after they hit 30 I prefer to date someone closer to my age it seems like we have more in common with each other. I haven't dated a woman younger than 30 in 3 years but I guess it depends what type of relationship you want and what you're looking for in a woman.

• depend on which one is more attractive ; p
    i mean , i dont really have age preference..

• well im about to be thirty and I prefer early twenties or late teens.

• Nobody stays young forever, and dating is overrated because the ultimate goal is to find someone to actually care about and be with. Dating is just like chasing a dragon forever. It's pretty much Heroine Hero from that South Park episode

• I'd date a 40 year old woman. So, yeah. I'd date a 30 year old woman.

• Men in their thirties will settle for a woman in her thirties but will secretly always want the 20 something year olds and that same applies to men in their forties.

• I'm just over 50 so I'm not sure my opinion counts, but I would consider 30 date able for sure.

• They prefer Nymphets.

• I would date a milf

• 18-25 is always going to be the best most prime ages for women regardless of the age the male is, even if a male doesn't admit it.

After 30 the female slowly starts to deteriorate and their ability to get attention based solely on their looks starts to diminish more and more every year. Often it is at this point that women start desperately looking to find "the one" and stop being shallow and ignorant to the guys they would have passed up in their 20's but these guys who were ignored are often the successful ones now and do not want anything to do with the old worn out midlife crisis female trying to pretend her past didn't matter or exist and that she is somehow a worthwhile female to have. It's why you see so many single bitter middle-aged women creating groups which attack men for their sexuality, pushing the "everyone is beautiful" bullshit, trying to shame/force males to adhere to the crap. It's why an older male dating a young female is attacked but an older woman dating a younger male is celebrated.

• Well, I'm not single.

I'd go for women who I found attractive and who I was compatible with. There are some older than me, some in their 30's, some in their 20's. Probably more in their 20's. There are more cute 20 year olds who happen to be... I don't know if mature is the right word, but compatible with someone older, than there are 40 year olds who aren't bitter and still look great, if that makes sense. But both exist.

That would be without really considering the future.

If I was really considering the future? I don't know. the younger woman is likely to look great for longer. On the other hand I'd get old first, and that has it's own issues.

Women over 30 are absolutely still dateable, but young women are sort of getting bonus points on looks without even trying.

I know a number of guys in their early 30's who do actively avoid 30ish women though. It's not because they even prefer 20 year olds, it's because they're not ready to rush to settling down, and a lot of 30ish women are (understandably). By dating younger, they avoid that pressured timeline.

• In general, men ALWAYS prefer women in their 20s, especially the 20-25 range.

Are 30+ women dateable? Yeah. Just not a first choice.

• If they're tricks aka walking sugar dads they prefer younger women.

• It really depends on the personality.
    I would prefer a woman in her 30's if she is lively. If she is looking for a guy to (finally) settle with, I will go for the 20 something.

• Age isn't that important. I'm 32 and I've dated a 24 year old when I was 30 and 34 year old when I was 28, and currently talking to a 32 year old. It's more about the person than the age, for me anyway

What Girls Said 6

• if they can, my guess is that they would date younger
    this is largely on the assumption that they are more fertile and their hearts have not been so burdened by past hurts
    in other words, youthfulness

but that isn't to say that women our age can't possess it
    provided that there is also a connection, i don't see why women aren't dateable after 30

• Thanks for your opinion. From your answer, it does seem like we are second choice.

• @asker I do too. some of them have continued trying to date me, others it was obvious they just wanted sex. but that's like men of all ages.

• Women in their thirties lose a lot of their appeal. I am 27 and I couldn't see myself dating someone your age.

• They tend to date younger. But depends on individual.

• He said I don't know

• who said?

• @thewanderingme I know right! No idea what that was about!

• Sorry i was with this dude that im close to and I asked him and he said "im not even 30😐" (hes turning 30 tmrrw btw) thats why I said "nobody" sorry lol.

Anyways to answer your question yes they do, my brother is 42 and he's seeing someone in her mid 30's / late 30's id im not mistaken

• Most of the single women I know in their 30s & 40s are still doing ok in the dating world if they stayed relatively in shapeand actually have time to date. Hell, my uncle and his girlfriend just fell in love and they're in their 60s and my 80 year old grandma has a 75 year old boyfriend. Some guys will shoot for the young trophy girl, but some just want a decent looking, kind girlfriend they get along with. Guys in their 30s age too, you know, and not all can still be on the "pretty young hot thang's radar" and others don't care to be, outside of fantasy. And let's be honest, we still notice the early to mid 20 year old, thick haired hunks in their physical prime too - or at least I know I do. That doesn't mean I actually want to be out playing beer pong with them! :)

• Most men would date whoever they connect with better but would sleep with the youngest legally possible, most of the time.

• That's an encouraging perspective. Thanks.

• Who cares? If age is such a problem for them... they can f*ck off. 30 is young.

• I would have said the same at your age :)