Why does he keep pulling this disappearing/reappearing act?

There's this guy that disappears for like 2-3 months at a time, and then reappears as if nothing happened. We used to be very close, like talk every day and night, go out, cuddle at home, etc. But something... happened, and we fell apart slowly. I finally decided to give up on him at least a month ago. Deleted his number, deleted his text messages, everything. But this Thanksgiving, I get a Happy Thanksgiving text from a random number. I ask who is this, and it just so happens to be him from a new number. Damn it! >.< I just don't understand why he keeps doing this. I wasn't even thinking about him until he sent me that text. If you're going to disappear for a few months, I'd rather you just stay gone for good. Don't keep coming back, it's just confusing and frustrating. I want to tell him off, but at the same time, I really don't want to talk to him at all. I'm a naturally nice person, and I feel like if I talk to him, he'll end up sucking me back in. Ugh why does he keep doing this?

Most Helpful Guy

• That has happened to me with several girls. I have no clue why this happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• People are manipulative assholes. You'll learn soon enough to kick them out of your life

What Guys Said 1

• If a dude is going on and off for 2-3 months at a time, leave him be. Don't message him or anything. Or forget about being nice and tell him straight up to stay or go.

What Girls Said 1

• Change your number. Case closed. He's just a f*ckboy