What are the benefits of being single?

Most of my life I've been dating. I'd say ever since 12-20 I was pretty much always crushing or in some sort of relationship. Which was not only unhealthy but damaging.

I am having a hard time finding things to do without constantly being or seeking the company of someone else.

What things can I do being single and still enjoy myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Doing what you want, when you want, how you want... without having to account for another person!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been single for 18 years of my life. I never wanted to get in a relationship because I was too busy studying and getting to learn cool stuff. I just thought academics and knowledge were much more interesting. You can also exercise alone, or with a friend, play video games, go on a spiritual journey of self-existence.. there are so many things you can do better alone that make you grow as a person. Work on yourself before working for a relationship.

What Guys Said 25

• Hmm... assuming you are not the dependent type or people who can't stand being alone, there are a lot of benefits to being single.

#1. You can go where you want and not having to think about what your SO think. Like that really spicy food? Give it a bite! Want to flirt with random cute guys? Go ahead! Want to take a trip? Go ahead, no need to inform some dude you are going! In fact, hop on the bus for a weekend and have fun!

#2. A lot of me time will be available. Spend your free time how you wanted. Have a long bath. Make some tea and cookies then read a book. Write a novel.

#3. Get some NSA. The true benefits of being single is that you are not attached to anyone. You are available and free to sample out the current market. Make sure you are going for NSA and not a relationship.

#4. Get a sugar daddy... okay maybe not but that option is available. If you are attending college and you have student loans then you will be looking at 10-20 years of payment while dinning on instant noodles. Having a strong revenue source will get you off your debt quickly and give you enough money to start your own life.

• Fuck I need a sugar daddy.

• How often would the sex be lol? And are the filthy guys decent or are most of them creepy? Also do I have to use my real name or can I just use like a sugary baby name and all that? Also are some of these older guys married? Lol sorry so many questions but this is intriguing

• Hmm... not to sure about the sex. Generally it can be once per date - sometimes he would just have a normal date. More or less 2-6 days a month or more if he takes you on a trip or not. He will tell you how often and how often do you want to spend your time with him (depending on the amount he's supporting you).

Name, up to you really, I would recommend not to use the real name unless he wants to sponsor you for a job or buy you a car (low chance). It's like meeting people online, you don't want to get too personal until some time later. It's like having a double life.

They are normal guys just looking for a fantasy. Most of them are married and in their late 30s to 50s. Some of them are not but have reasons not to marry. Some guys just want to have arm candy or just want to date people who are out of their league. Some of them just like fooling around and some of them just want to have a fantasy girlfriend.

• One sentence... you can do whatever you fricking want.

no one breathing over you asking stupid questions about activities... you don't have to filter words so you don't hurt feelings... best part... you can flirt as much as possible without someone casting you dirty looks every 2 seconds. You say what can you do as a single person? you pick!!! thats the beauty of it!!!
    wana go to the movies? hell fuck yeah... and You get to pick the movie too!!!

• being a single it's not a sign of a bad things, sometimes being a single gives you the chance to know who you really are and achieve what do you want.
    I am single from a long time and I feel like a free bird. it doesn't mean that I have a less chance with girls or something, but I wanna feel proud when I look back (my history).

Good luck...

• Benefits:
    1. Save money
    2. Don't have to go through emotional and time consumption of relation
    3. Take down photos from social media after relationship ends

• You need to be happy with yourself, and comfortable in your company and no one elses first. That way you won't just try and attatch yourself to someone, someone who possibly isn't right for you while all the time missing oppertunities to actually meet the right person because you are taken.

• You have more free time, and you don't have to consider someone else's feelings every time you make a decision. The only feelings that concern you when making decisions are your own.

• Watching a movie, going on a vacation, the bookstore or library, shopping and going out to eat what ever you want

• I have been single my entire life and I don't see any benefits.

• go to clubs with friends, not having drama incoming. more time for friends. well I don't know if anything is good but there is the illuminati triangle you can choose between gaming/friends time, school/work and having a lover but only take 2 to fully get it. I guess I am talking bullshit

• doing what you want to do when you want! you come first! Time is devoted to you and not to your significant other

• What are your hobbies? Find friends that also share your hobbies if you can't stand being alone.

• basically do whatever you want and not have to account for others. its easier

• Oh there are so many things. But they're all boring. Instead, make a good friend or two and just enjoy the ride.

• Honestly being single sucks, it's the worst possible thing that could happen you so what ever you do try to get a new boyfriend because you don't want to be single

• Everything you could do in a relationship, plus more time.

• There are zero benefits to being single.

• More money to spend on yourself, do what you want. Go where you want. No arguing about what to eat etc.

• Freedom says it all.

• Human perhaps therapy for dependency issues

• No drama
    Doing what I want, when I want and how I want

• It's obviously interesting to you. What's the big deal.

• Travel more, not worry about anyone else... Flirt with everyone... If you want to!

• freedom :))

• I bust all my nuts in my hand

• Friends with benefits or just friendships in general. That's what I've always done.

What Girls Said 11

• Me and you are in the same boat. I find it boring if I dont have someone to crush on/talk to. For me, and I have admitted it to myself, I do this to seek male attention and acceptance. I do not know why. It makes me feel special I guess.

But the perks of being single? You get to be your own person. You do not have to keep up with someone else. You get to focus on your own happiness. You can hang out with your girlfriends for as long as youd like and you can have alone time without a guy texting you. Being single is nice. You can flirt around and wear pretty makeup and clothes because you want to look pretty for yourself, rather than someone else.

• This is a complex answer. I have known some people who would pursue the opposite sex in a very unhealthy way. Like they need to feel needed which drove them to do things they're ashamed of. It's good that you recognize and can deal with that.

• Thank you <3 I needed to hear that :) @RedThread

• @asker you're most welcome :) ❤️

• -you can wear whatever
    -flirt with who ever
    -laugh at yourself
    -eat as much
    -workout as much
    -spend day and night on gag!

• You can think of yourself first. Do whatever you want to do and whenever you want to do it in the company of whomever you choose.

Even just flirting a little with different guys can be fun.

You don't need to consider the feelings of a partner all the time.

You'll have more time to devote to school, hobbies, working out, or anything that you might like to improve.

You will find out more about yourself, since we tend to behave a little differently while in a relationship or on dates.

• There's plenty of benefits. I actually went and saw a movie by myself. Got to enjoy my popcorn and make an easy exit. I can go where I want when I want, when my kids are at their dad's. Even when I have them, I don't have the same stress as when I was married. So much more lax now. And enjoying dancing, goofing off, and just being me. Some days it seems like it would be nice to have someone, but I'm just starting to stretch my wings. And enjoy things I want to do. You have to find comfort with yourself. It's hard to do, but possible.

• ya don't have to deal with bullshit drama and feelings, you can also do whatever the fuck you want without caring about what your SO will think/feel because they don't exist.

• hit the night clubs with friends

• You get to do whatever you want.

• have freedom and more time.

• You can do whatever you want without worrying about anyone

• For me, I enjoy my freedom. I am free to explore new hobbies or develop my older ones. I save more money, and that has allowed me to travel and collect interesting things. I have been up to watch and keep up with all my favorite shows, read some cool books and discover new music. I have had less stress these last 8 months since I broke up with my boyfriend, so I am feeling optimistic and up beat lately.

I might be more of a loner, but it doesn't sound like you are? Maybe you can find an interesting hobby you enjoy and meet up with like minded people. Like at a fair, marathon run or whatever it is you enjoy.

• Bubble bath
    Walk through nature
    Reading a good book
    Drawing
    Baking
    Writing a story
    You could also do volunteering