Why is it so hard to find a guy with good conversation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Aha it's hard to find people in general who can make good conversation. Girls As well. Truth is... most people aren't that bright /smart. Lol

• What utter rubbish. Just because someone lacks the ability (in your opinion) to make good converstion doesn't mean they aren't intelligent people. Perhaps the reason they don't return your efforts to engage in conversation is because they find YOU dull. Intelligence can come in so many forms. I know many people who are intellectually brilliant, but in a party setting they are the people that are very quiet/reserved and many people pass them off as simpletons/idiots. It's this manner of thinking that is destructive, and it casts more of a shadow on the person judging than it does on the person being judged.

Try to reserve judgement until you know someone really well. Often people's intelligence is shown through less obvious means than typical societal standards - for example, they may be a great mechanic, or they may be a great farmer because of their intuition for the weather.

Instead of complaining that other people aren't as bright as you, try changing your own perspective.

• Um, I think you mean PERception, not conception.

And, I think I may just stop there. Best of luck to you.

• @dancingonsky no I meant conception as in from the word concept. bye bye

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, that quality (or lack of) is not specific to guys only. There are just as many girs who aren't capable of talking about anything behind fake tan lines and hair re-growth.

Where are you looking for these high quality conversation guys? A dating site? The local pub? A random party? If so, is it hardly surprising they lack good conversational skills? You need to explore places where intellectual people are likely to be. Join a debate team. Volunteer at a charitable organisation. Join a church group. Or a book club. Or a sport that you are passionate about. Or a young professionals group where you can connect with other young people in a similar career to yours. The opportunities are endless, really. But it's going to take some effort on your part. Whinging that you can't find a guy with good conversation skills on GAGs just isn't going to cut it.

It's really not that hard when you put your mind to it.

What Guys Said 12

• Are you good at conversation? I've heard many girls say this, but then never say anything interesting, like they expect me to always lead the convo.

• Most guys (not all but most) who are good at conversation are usually users I find. They have to be good at it cause they are womenizers and need to charm as many as possible. And there are many of these. I see them everywhere. Other guys are more focused on love and hard work and actions. For example, I can make a girl happy but when it comes to texting, I lose her love so fast... or over the phone. I just don't know how to entertain her this way yet it seems more important than hanging out for the day... so ask yourself what kind of guy you want and which makes you happy. Good luck.

• they are out there.. but they may be a bit hard to find at times.. some guys that when they tried a few times pick up women friends of mine.. had only one thing on their mind.. and it sure was not to have a good conversation with them.. oh and by the way none of those losers got the dates.. or the time of day from these women friends.. and when I was told about this from them.. I was proud of them for turning them down

• Maybe they have an ulterior motive and only thinking about getting access to your daymn pants?

• I know the feeling, it's hard to find someone to keep a good conversation going and I don't know why

• Change the guys your having those 'conversations' with ;)

• I'm good at it. It's one thing my ex liked about me.

• Do you mean personality? Or be able 2 talk 2 you 24 7

• We do I find that problem in girls

• The same is true of women. Conversation is an art, it's much more than just being educated or having a lot of interesting stories. It's a skill which requires some cultivation. You must learn to read signals on the fly and draw out the best in people.

• Because most guys dispense with the idea of talking with you and embrace the idea of talking at you in the hope of getting in your pants.

• are you sure it's them an not you?

• Lol I'm sure

• i ask since your grammar kinda needs work...

What Girls Said 1

• i don't know !! and i really wanna know.
    after a while he take the convo to a sexual place : weird.