Re-asking her out, or at least learning if she's interested?

I have a friend and coworker named Nancy. She's super energetic and adorable, if at times anxious or flustered. Earlier this year, I asked her out and she said she had to think on it. She sent the following message a couple days later:

First off, I want to apologize for being super awkward during our conversation on Friday & for rudely failing to say anything about it until now. Unfortunately, extreme social awkwardness is my natural state of being, but that isn’t much of an excuse! I dream of one day overcoming those tendencies…

Anyway, I took a couple of days to try to figure out what I wanted to tell you, & I’m still not really sure, but you deserve better than me hemming & hawing ad infinitum. This is the best I’ve got for now: I’m not really interested in going on dates with anybody at the moment, but I think you are awesome & I enjoy hanging out with you, so I hope we can continue doing that. I look forward to coming to your party tomorrow. (She showed up, and first)

We continue as friends. A week after that we hung out away from a group for first time. She took a great summer job out of state but moved back a couple months ago. It's great having her around more.

My question is the whole "go on dates right now". I've heard through the grapevine that her anxiety has been a factor in not dating. Is there a way to lightly ask again or seek a more definitive answer? I'm unsure how she feels about me. I have had recent hints she enjoys being close but I don't know.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0