Am I too harsh, brutally honest and "ungentlemenly" for women to date?

I'm the type of guy that does respect women but at the same time, dislike women who are freeloaders, slackers and self-entitled. While I would definitely hold a door for my date (or any women) and sacrifice my seat for a woman, the things that I won't do are pulling out a chair for her at a restaurant if there's multiple chairs near her and if she gives me an attitude for not being a "gentleman" by pulling out a chair for her, I'll straight up tell her to her face "You have arms, you can pick any of the multiple chairs near you and pull one out your damn self!".

Believe it or not, I've actually once dated a girl that was THIS spoiled, lazy and rude.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there are better ways to address what someone sees as a breach of etiquette. Like we could hypothetically be having a great time, but if a guy ever talked to me that way, I would be *done*.

Respect is a two way street you know and it's very possible to have social misunderstanding. Why not try to ask questions and understand one another's expectations before showing off the snaps?

Most Helpful Guy

• So are you saying your like green lantern...

https://youtu.be/NEeSgsAdXQw

Green Lantern: Got a couple of pina coladas here, just for the ladies

Girls: Looks like you could use some just for men.

(Takes drinks back)
    Green Lantern: And you bitches can pay for your own drinks

What Girls Said 9

• If you're going to talk that way to a date, she won't be your date for long. It's one thing not to approve of women you think take advantage of others, but to say such rude things, when you can quite easily be polite and courtesy, by pulling out a freakin chair, it's not really worth being so judgmental and obnoxious, is it?

• Why would you sacrifice your seat and holding the door if you actually don't really want to? I think chivalry is ridiculous. How could you ever build a balanced relationship where both are equal if you start with unequality.

• I mean, that's fair enough, but I can almost guarantee you could have addressed it in a way that wasn't so hostile. I'm guessing neither of you wanted to go out again after that.

• I think it's stupid when girls r like that. Women are all about being independent and being equal to men but we can't open our own doors? And pull out our own chairs? I don't know that's just me, Ik I might feel differently than other girls, I just don't need guys to do that for me. I mean I still want them to treat me right and b nice and a gentleman but I just don't need all that stuff that makes it seem like I'm unable to do shit

• You're defintely not too harsh. I saw a picture once where these guys were lighting a cigarette for a girl another one where guys were tying the girl's shoes. All I could think was, "why is she not using her arms to tie her own shoes and light her own cigarette.
    You're fine. A girl can pull out her own seat as well as opening the car door < that is another one I don't understand. I know is chivalry, but come on it's a waste of time.

• "You have arms, you can pick any of the multiple chairs near you and pull one out your damn self!".

There is no excuse to speak to people in such a hostile manner.

• Firstly, I never take for granted someone opening the door or pulling the chair for me and fail to say thank you.
    There are people who seem not to appreciate what has been done for them. In saying that, it would feel great to treat them equally. If I saw my friend doing what you said to a girl or anyone else, I would feel disappointed honestly.

• It's better just to suck it up, end the date quickly and decline future contact when somebody is a tool on a date.

• No, not at all. I would prefer someone like that.

What Guys Said 2

• No I think its certainly fair enough.
    I don't think she should ever demand anything of you. Even if its expected or not.

• Fuck dating and fuck relationships. There should be gender EQUALITY.

• by the way I voted yes because most girls are feminazis who expect special treatment