Is it odd to be attracted to someone who is just average looking?

I like a girl who is just average looking but her personality is what makes me attracted to her, is this odd? I don't hear this often.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. That tends to happen to some people. The personality is attractive even though the person is simply plain. Nothing wrong with that. But I would not lie to the girl nor would I pursue her if you're not physically attracted to her. If you two get together, I'm betting she's thinking you think she's pretty and that's not true.

• Eeeeeeee, this kinda hurt reading it.

• Then I feel sorry for her. She probably thinks that you're with her because you find her physically attractive, which you don't.

So you're lying to her for your own personal selfishness.

• I like her though.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know not for me

What Girls Said 11

• Nah its not that odd. If I like your personality than its all good!

• No its not odd. I find myself attracted to average looking guys too, they're more I don't know i just like their personalities better than those who are hot.

Dated a guy who's incredibly hot before. 6' 200lbs muscular very handsome, model worthy really. But he was just too full of homself. Which is how most people who looks like him are.

• Its not odd... its real affection. Beauty comes from within, and you are seeing that beauty. External beauty has an expiry date. If you like her personality, go for it, because she will have that personality for life!.

• It's not odd at all, it's actually a good thing. You like her for who she is, not what she looks like.

• No it's not odd. That's something you should be attracted to. People are always all about looks and that's why their relationships fail.

• its beautiful.

• It's not odd. There's definitely more to attraction than looks.

• No that's not weird at all. That's super cute, go for her

• no its not odd i dont like guys for the way they look i like them for there personality that is a totally a normal thing you should ask her out

• No it's not odd at all. It's good thing, not everything is about looks

• Not really. I have dated some average looking guys, according to other people. I liked them so I dated them. If you really like her, you should date her.

What Guys Said 7

• An average person to one, will be a gorgeous person to another. We're attracted to whoever we are attracted to ha. It just happens.

• it hurts my soul that someone even asks that x (

you should never go just for the looks, for myself the personality is top 1 priority

• You're growing up and giving up on what the media tells you to like. Congratulations! You like her for her and not for how she looks. That means you're maturing.

• What Makes her average? What is a so called average looking person, above average looking person and a so called below average person?

• It depends on your own looks as well as your own needs.

• it is odd if you do not like her because of her looks...

• You're being ridiculous. I need not look any further than the title to understand your mindset. Who cares what others think when you yourself can ruin someone else's view of another? Congratulations airhead, you are out of control.