My boyfriend keeps making fat jokes about me. I'm pregnant?

Its getting really out of control. To the point where I am so upset all the time and barely ever have the desire to eat. I will just use tonight as an example instead of listing off numerous other occasions.
Tonight at dinner he kept making comments (in front of his parents and brothers) saying that I needed to stop eating so much because I was going to make the baby fat. He then proceeded to take my fork from me. He got pissed when I walked away from the table and refused to eat the rest of my dinner.
Now we are back home and he was having left over pie from Thanksgiving. I simply asked him what kind of pie he was eating and he said "Whatever type of fucking pie I want". I just looked away from him and kept my mouth shut. Once again he got pissed and told me to go the fuck to bed and stop being a "crank ass".
There's no way that he doesn't know it bothers me. How can I tell him to stop being a dickhead?

Most Helpful Guy

• WTF! What an ass. Eating plenty is crucial for the development of the baby. U r eating for 2 people so u should eat plenty for the baby to be healthy. Going hungry is not good when u r pregnant. He should also be considerate of your emotional ups and downs since pregnancy brings a tornado of emotions and it realy can't be helped so he just has to put up with it. Of course there are boundaries and u may become a little pissed with eachother but i think he has crossed the line.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you weren't already having this guys kid, I'd tell you to dump him and move on. I care more that you're pregnant now, but even if you weren't, that is beyond rude and insensitive and being a dick and seeing as how as you say this happens to you quite often, it sounds like this was his personality before you were pregnant too, but maybe worse now. Every sane and rational man knows you never take a fork from a pregnant woman unless you intend to get stabbed by it, let alone insult her. I'm sorry, your boyfriend has no clue and is not that great of a person to begin with. If anything, sit him down and have a looooooong talk with him about what it means to be pregnant, and if that doesn't get through to him, I really don't know what will.

What Guys Said 7

• honestly, it kind of sounds like he's freaking out about you being pregnant and he's dealing with it by being a prick. Try to talk to him and tell him your feelings and see if you guys can get on the same age emotionally together.

• Tell him to stop being a fucking dickhead. He has no right to talk to you that way and I'm sure he is only doing it because he know's you are vulnerable and pregnant. It's not like you can just up and leave with the baby in your stomach. My advice to you is to turn invisible. Pretend like you're not even there and pretend like he's not even there. Cut off all love supply to him. If you have to go to your parents house or something, do that. He's being a doucher and now I'm pissed and want to go to your house and beat his ass. No way to treat a lady, let alone a pregnant lady.

• Wow! And his parents or brother never spoke up? You really got yourself a crappy boyfriend. And he's the father of your baby? Whew!!! Good luck! You're gonna need it.

• Well when you have the kid just make sure you lose all that unsightly weight I guess

• He needs to grow up. You are carrying his baby. He is selfish.

• lots of chicks gain extraneous weight thinking it's normal. it's not.

• if he keeps making fat jokes you should get a new boyfriend

What Girls Said 7

• I would cuss his ass out and break up with him. He would need to beg me for forgiveness and promise he will change before i even considered taking him back.

• This is completely unacceptable, even if you weren't pregnant. He should respect you and care about you more than to be treating you like this but especially as the mother of his unborn child!

You should tell him that he's hurting your feelings. You don't find it funny. Being pregnant is difficult and causes all sorts of hormonal shifts that can make you extra hungry among other things. If he doesn't treat you better, then leave him.

Being miserable with a child's father just makes the child feel miserable for you too from what friends have shared of their experiences.

Sorry to be so extreme, but I know you deserve so much better than to be treated like this. Any woman does.

• What a fucking asshole. Why'd you decide to have a baby with this jerk?

Does he understand that while you're eating for yourself you're eating for the baby as well? And the fact that you're not eating because he's being a dickhead can harm the baby?

• I've been with him for five years and he never once has acted like this before. He laughs when he's saying it. He thinks its funny and simply 'joking around'. Maybe I should have clarified that before to jump to questions regarding why I decided to have a baby.

• You should talk to him. Explain to him how it's making you feel. Sorry for being so harsh, I just got pissed off.

• Oh girl break it off now. He's verbally and mentally abusive. You deserve better, I married a mean guy we now have a toddler who he's mean to sometimes so I moved out. We're better off alone than alone in a relationship! Good luck to you.

• Your boyfriend is a bitch. This is why men should be able to get pregnant, gain weight from pregnancy, mess up their penises, get emotional for no reasons, have mood swings, and get stretch marks. This pregnancy shit sucks. I'll dump his ass. Thats some disrespectful shit especially since it's his fault you're even gaining weight smh. Hunny he does not care about you or your baby. If he did he would make you feel loved and wanted because happy mom equal happy baby. Whatever mom feels, baby feels and it affects the baby BIG TIME. If you want to help your baby, get out of that terrible situation, I dont care if he's the 'dad', he's not acting like it

• If he was a kind, smart man he would worry about you being healthy, not just keeping normal weight. He would look for ways to feed you well and enough, while making sure you don't turn into a whale (pregnancy fat can HURT the baby, look it up), BEFORE he approached you with expectation that you control your weight.

He wouldn't be randomly hurting you to get what he wants. That is irresponsible and shortsighted. If he has the power to say "no, you don't eat so much", then he should also hold the responsibility for your health and the health of your kid, meaning he should tell you what TO eat and put effort into carefully figuring that out with you, instead of just saying what NOT TO do.

And if he refuses to act responsibly while he holds power to influence your behavior, then he's not your man, the man of the house who protects you and takes care of you. He's a lazy, selfish prick and an abuser.

You want to fix this? Show him my post. And then don't be a rebellious cunt when he DOES try to help care for your health.

It's a huge myth your cravings have any meaning. They don't. Becoming fat WILL hurt your baby and you need someone to support you in controlling yourself and eating healthy. Don't push him away, but let him know he has hurt your feelings and you feel lost and insecure when he tells you not to eat too much and leaves it at that as if you're suppose to starve yourself.

• Don't starve yourself and your child because he's an idiot. I would tell him that if he doesn't straighten his shit up, that you're going to take your kid and fucking leave and he can make jokes all he wants.