My parents friend is trying to set me up with his son, what should I do?

me and my boyfriend broke up couple weeks ago and for awhile my parents friend is trying to set me up with his son who really likes me. me and his son hung out couple times. it was cool and he's a nice guy. when i started talking/seeing my boyfriend, his son was heartbroken. i just got out of a relationship and i dont want to be into one since my boyfriend is already talking/seeing someone already. i just want to focus on college and decide what i want to do with my life. i dont want to date him since it would be weird dating my parents friends son and i dont want to hurt his feelings. what should i do? would you date someone if theyre your parents friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be weird to date him only if you actually find him unattractive.

• Not to be mean. I'm not attractive to him and he looks like his dad. Its too weird for me to handle

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him exactly what you said here.
    You should explain him the way you feel instead of stringing him along.

What Guys Said 8

• Really don't see anything strange or wrong about dating that guy, especially since you already have hung out with him.

• No I wouldn't
    Because its too much drama

• Well if I were you I would have went out with hi knowing that he liked you instead of the other guy. Because that's what most girls don't understand, when you chose another guy over a guy you know that likes you it makes that guy feel like shit and want to hide in a cave for a long time.

• If you don't want to date him, then absolutely do not date him. Just tell them you aren't looking for another relationship. Anyway he should get his own dates. He's probably just as annoyed with his parents as you are.

• Well you can tell him that you don't want a relationship right now cause you want to focus on your college but you can hang out and then if you had the spark between you two you can date him and if you don't want just tell him after a while

• I wouldn't do it but you should give him a chance

• I would talk to the son and tell him what u just said about focusing on college and all that but make sure ur as nice as possible about it

• I'd give them a chance at least

nothing ventured, nothing gained

What Girls Said 1

• NOPE! I actually know 2 guys that I could do that with but NOPE hell no!! I rather not have my parent know about it! Hell if i ever have a love he never meeting my family!! NOPE! NO WAY!