I like this guy a lot we are not dating we are just talking and we never had sex but I'm infatuated but I think he's muslim and I'm not?

Ignore the question mark
I'm not sure what to do.

I think he's muslim and I'm not muslim and I heard that Muslims don't date and I saw his mom's picture on Facebook and she wears the hijab

He is Iranian

Should I just forget about him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Muslim, my family is religious but not your typical religious family however my mom side is. My father isn't, my mom is. My girlfriend is Mexican and she's Catholic. My parents know of her and love her. At first my mom hated the idea, but she knows I'm a good person and I only surround myself with good people so I asked her to give her a shot and she loves her now. However my moms side (her brothers and mother) don't know about her. Not because she's embarrassed about my girlfriend but because she doesn't want other people finding out. Middle easterns like some other cultures care about their public image. Middl easterns are nosey people.

So what I'm trying to say is if he isn't that religious and if his parents are not that religious they might give you a shot but might keep you in the dark to their friends and family.

• But would you ever marry her

• I think it's better that I do not date a Muslim because I'm not Muslim

• i'm a muslim and the quran says that men are allowed to marry women from any other religion, but not the other way around and about familly it depends of course, but u don't have to worry about anything juste be urself and they would love you eventually ;) <3

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask. But know that most of these relationships don't end up working out long term because of religious differences.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• why not just ask if he's interested in dating?

• Good idea I just don't know how to ask because we just started talking we have not been talking that long

• yeah i understand. but you dont even have to ask if he wants to date you,. you can just ask his views on dating. even ask if dating is popular where he come from. :)

• People get too concerned with whether it's too soon to ask or not. Don't worry yourself. Just ask... You have a right to know.

• you're racist

• And you need to grow up
      You really think I'm going to let you troll my post?

• Depends on him. All Muslims are different. It's like saying Christians won't date, when some will some won't. And some Muslims even date non Muslims too. All you can do is find out.