For those who really want kids, would you dump an SO that you really loved if they didn't want any?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was ready to have kids no woman will stop me from that Its not right

Most Helpful Girl

• I am very curious about what other guys say on here. I do not want kids, but my boyfriend has told me he wants one. I've told him that we both need to be on the same page before I'd marry him. So it's something that does eat away at my mind. We've been together for over a year now, relatively minor issues here and there, but the kid issue could be a deal breaker down the road and it's something that worries me. He said he would stay with me anyway even if I don't decide I want a kid, but I don't know if he's really thought it through that much.

What Guys Said 9

• I find a middle ground
    Maybe adoption, if not then maybe be a teacher at a kids school or something similar where I get to be around kids and my wife doesn't has to do something she doesn't wants too

• I would know if she wanted kids waaaaaaaaaaaay before getting strong feelings for her. And yes, I'd dump a girl that doesn't want kids, cause that's a dream of mine.

• Yes, and I have...

• Honestly yeah I could and would possibly I'm not sure it's a decision I will ponder if it comes up.

• Yes.

filler.

• no I would stay with her

• I certainly would.

• just get 2 SOs... or hwoever many

• kids is a priority for me so yes

What Girls Said 9

• I've been asked this offline, and i said i wasn't sure. it's such a hard decision because i badly want kids. like baldly. if he doesn't id be super disappointed.

let me put it this way. id have to love him more than everyything I've ever dreamt for since i was a kid to give up biological motherhood. we could adopt. . . but if he won't accept that either then no, the relationship goes no further.

• If he couldn't physically have kids, that'd be fine, I'd be very happy to adopt. However if he simply didn't want them, ever, and wasn't open to the idea at all, then I'd probably leave him eventually. It depends on his reasons, and on how compatible we were in other aspects of our relationship.

• I wouldn't be with someone that didn't want kids. That would be something that is addressed before things get serious to avoid situations such as the scenario you've given.

• Well, it's reversed for me. I don't want kids, and I would definitely split it off because I cannot or will not give them the future they want.

• Well if he's my SO it means we talked so much before falling love, including our future. If he said he would never want kids I wouldn't have deeply fell in love in the first place.

• Just to be straightforward and not beat around the bush yup.

• I probably would

• Absolutely! It's an important life goal for me and is important to my happiness. I want to be able to love and raise children, to watch them grow and become adults. If he doesn't want the same things; we aren't compatible.

• I've been dumped at least partially for this reason. Not because I didn't want them, but because it wasn't looking like I could have them. It's a big deal - you're better off being on the same page on that one.