How can I deal with this? My father wants me to break up with my boyfriend because of his job? help?

I love my boyfriend so much and everyone in family likes except my dad. My dad is not rich person but he makes more than 9,000 dollars a month. The thing Is I am still in collage and my boyfriend he started collage but didn't finished and he has normal job and I don't have a problem with because I know that I don't have job yet but almost done with my degree and I really don't care if he make less money then I would because I would perfer to have man who loves me and treats me right and and I have his support on making my dreams come true. But my father still thinks like people from the 19 century that man have to make more then women and he says that my boyfriend won't give a good future because of his didn't finished his studies. I love my dad but he is making me feel bad because I still live with my parents and every moment he gets he keeps telling me about my boyfriend. How can I deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you're a full grown woman, so obviously "do whatever daddy tells you" is not the answer.

If the problem is just his job, tell your dad you don't care and that's the last you ever want to hear of it or you'll choose your boyfriend over him. Tell him he's ruining both relationships, this is the final word on the subject, and if he tries to undermine your romantic life again you'll end your father-daughter relationship.

That'll light a fire under his ass and set him on track for the future ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• You simply tell him that this is your life and he needs to step aside and allow you to make your own choices. He isn't the one dating your boyfriend. Therefor, he needs to back up and take a chill pill. He might not like it but he will have to deal with it.

What Guys Said 8

• Listen to your father. He is right. This has nothing to do with a man making more than a woman, this has to do with your future happiness. For instance, if your boyfriend quit school, then he was not committed to his education and future. So, how likely is he going to be committed to you when things get tough? Furthermore, the more money you have as a couple, the less stress and less fights you will have because money helps prevent or get over tough times.

• Ignore ignore and ignore
    You can't do anything till you move out

• more than 9k a month? well that's pretty good not quite rich... Not exactly middle class though. I am a Blue Collar American that makes more money than most College grads I know or meet. (I went to College for a couple years only to realize it's a sham) That being said... I don't exactly associate with the rich folk often (unintentionally lol). I am a father of daughters and I can see your Dad's POV but... I'm just gonna say if this dude can hold his own and support and love you (love is the most important) He'll eventually gain your father's respect I hope (How long have you dated?) But honestly... Dude has to show something. Or he needs to try to squeeze the shit out of your father's handshake and show he's a real man. I know what old school men are about.

• lol your father is in the top 1% of earners. he is considered rich by the majority of people in the world. listen to your father.

• He wrong on so many levels

• Well i think man should make more than woman. Because we guys need to take care of our family, so we must have good job and salary.
    by the way your father makes very much money, thats good.

• Your dad is a loser salaryman. Their opinions don't matter.

• Follow ur heart so in this case stay with ur boyfriend since u love him.

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell him there's nothing he can do about it and ignore him whenever he tries to talk about your boyfriend's income.

• It's like Endless Love movie, if you haven't watch it go watch it and maybe you'll get the answer