Dating my best friends crush? HELP?

One of my best friends has liked this guy for about a month now and has been so "in love" she has tried to kill herself over him. I never really met him but then got to talking. My friend had told me they had sex but she also told that same thing to other people in the school but with different story lines. The sex thing was a lie... I have no idea why she would lie to me but she did. He told me all of this as we started talking more. He is really sweet and cute and at first I didn't like him but he has grown in me a lot. He keeps asking me to be his girl and he made me a song and be is just really sweet and I really like him but the only reason I'm hesitant is because of my friend... She doesn't like him as much now because now she has not one but two boyfriends. Smh. I want to tell her about me and him but I don't know what to say please help? I don't want to lose a friend but I don't want to lose him either. 😞

Most Helpful Guy

• well you probably won´t lose her but you will fuck her up. that´s not what friends should do to each other. that´s so mean.

• I'm not trying to be mean. That's why I'm not dating him. We talk. He doesn't like her. She was lying about have sex with him and I was mad about what she had told me about him before I met him. But then I heard both sides of the story. He said he wants to talk to her together but I know she'll feel attacked. That's my best friend I see her as a sister and I would never do something to intentionally hurt her.

• This is true. And I don't wañt to hurt her. I love her too much. I don't know what to do.

• i mean i bet you can find another guy... try not to get things even started with him. you´d be a great friend if you did that but i could understand if you still wanted to test things with the guy xD it´s a horrible situation to be in. even more so for her than for you though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow you're such a good friend

• Are you being sarcastic? I'm not trying to be mean. That's why I'm not dating him. We talk. He doesn't like her. She was lying about have sex with him and I was mad about what she had told me about him before I met him. But then I heard both sides of the story. He said he wants to talk to her together but I know she'll feel attacked. That's my best friend I see her as a sister and I would never do something to intentionally hurt her.

• She has tried to commit suicide over 4 other dudes but she's over all of them. I know its going to hurt her. That was not my intention believe me. And she was trying to kill herself to get him to date her. That's what she told me. Okay? I'm not a bad person. I care about her, I love her I'm not trying to hurt her that is why I am on this damn website trying to get some advice not to be judged. If you don't have any for me. Fine. I get where hour coming from I do but this, I'm not here to prove that I'm a good friend. I'm sorry you feel I am a terrible friend. I am trying not to screw up any friendships right now.

• I did give you advice. Stop talking to him or at least stop leading him on. Let him know that there can be nothing more than a friendship between you two because you don't want to hurt your best friend

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• who is more important him or ur friend, if u absolutely like this guy and ur friend is kind of over him, then u should just tell her the truth, friends are supposed to understand especially when she onto another guy it shouldn't be that big of a deal anymore, if she was ur friend in the first place then shed understand and let u go for it