Brains or Beauty?

Which would you prefer and why?

• Brains over beauty
  • Beauty over brains
Just realized this question has been posted various times within the past few minutes lol. Disregard please.

Most Helpful Girl

• brains. if you have brains, you can make tons of money, and MAKE yourself beautiful lol. i mean... you can hire a personal trainer, get your body in awesome shape, hire a stylist, get an awesome wardrobe, hire a make up stylist, look banging everyday...

if you're beautiful but dumb... well, i guess you wouldn't even know what you're missing out on intellectually... but you'd probably get used by guys.

What Guys Said 23

• As bad as it sounds, I prefer beauty over brains right now in my life. The stuff I find interesting is rarely shared by my friends, family or partner anyway. I'm used to people not wanting to have "intelligent" conversations with me. I also don't mind listening to whatever people (especially my partner) wants to talk about whether it's intelligent or not.

As long as we care about each other and we're attracted to each other, I'm happy. Although, I'll probably change my answer when I decide to look for a wife.

• Many people missing the point of your question. If they're posed with a difficult decision between two things, their answer is "both" or "a mix of the two"? Way to play along...

• Neither because I prefer both and I won't compromise on either of them. I mean to say if one is a little less than the other it's fine but both have to be high, for eg:

If beauty is 9/10 and brain is 8/10, it's fine, it's perfect for me. Anything higher than this is also fine, but if brain is 9/10 but beauty is just 4/10 or if beauty is 9/10 and brain is 3/10 then also I don't want that, what I am trying to say is for me both are equally important and I won't compromise on either of them, either I want both to be there or I am fine with nothing.

I can't just be okay with either one of them, that's impossible, I can't accept that. That's my view. Hope it was simple to understand.

• It was nearly impossible to understand. You were so tangential that even if people understood what you're saying I doubt they really knew. It is as if the question was what's the difference between an orange and a banana. Your answer would be a watermelon

• @mishiii. I suppose you didn't understand, I know it is not easy, but whatever I have said that's what it is.

• Actually it was perfectly clear. I agree with wanting high + high.

• My current girlfriend is a 10/10 regarding looks (don't know how I'm with her, I'm like a 7/10 lol). In terms of academic intelligence, she's about a 7/10, about the same as me. But in terms of just overall human intelligence, common sense, ethics and morals, she's like a 100/10 and that to me is the most important. I think it's one thing to be brains regarding academics and such, but ethic and morals is a must for me, which she has.

• both :P and yes there are girls that have both

• Like me 💁🏻 lmao jk I'm ugly af and lonely 😭

• i dont know you well enough so I dont know if you're smart but I know you're far from ugly

• Beauty > Brains.

Couldn't care less that you do calculus in your head for fun while trying to find the cure for cancer if you look like a mess.

www1.pictures.zimbio.com/.../...l+U4zgaQZoTbfm.jpg

No ta.

• Lmao she is pretty funny though

• I'm down for her existing and being Louise Belcher, but I'm not trying to bed her or wake up to her every day nawmean?

• Honestly, depends on the purpose. You either needs brains, or you need both beauty and brains. Beauty in itself is insufficient.

• I have to have both in my girl one without the other just won't work

• Brain over beauty... Beauty is a dime a dozen. It takes a brain to have a real connection.

• a good mix of both ;)

can't decide for one if I don't know how much of each.

• I rather have beauty then brain dont want her smarter than me but i dont want 2 be dating a girl thats as smart as a tree

• Both or none.

• I'd rather be above average looking with average intelligence than average looking with above average intelligence.

• I'm guilty of dating complete idiots haha.
    Guess I'm all about the beauty. =\

• Combination of both. That's y I'm single now. :-)

• Why not both...

• I want both.

• neither, I go 50/50

• Both, I will not date a dumb girl, or an ugly girl.

• Beauty is nice but brain more important

• Brains, or intelligence is undeniable, whereas beauty is all about perception

• As long as she's 3.5-4/10, definitely brains.
    But, i wouldn't like to date a genious old witch.

• For a longtime I would've picked brains over beauty. I always felt like I need someone that I can talk to. Until one day I met an older lady while shadowing a doctor at a clinic. I could tell something was off mentally but within minutes I realized talking to her was one of the best experience of my life so far. She had had a traumatic brain injury and was in the process of recovering. the next year I was in a class and we had to choose lab partners before I had the chance to pick my friend this girl asked me and I said sure. She seemed scatterbrained at times but was trying hard on everything she did. She was still a pretty fun person though. Then one day she stopped showing up. While walking home an older women walked up and started talking to me and thanking me for being friends with her daughter. I was so confused then I realized who she was talking about. My lab partner had a car accident the previous year that caused a brain injury and this was her first class back in school after the accident. I could barely tell. This was the second women I'd met with a brain injury that I absolutely enjoyed spending hours on end with. Then my senior year of college I took a ecology course and their was a girl I fell for completely. She at times seemed out of it and had a really slow way off talking but she was a master's student and when she needed to she could churn out pages of work easily. I thought maybe she was high half the time or something. Then one day I noticed a scar on her scalp that looked like an incision. I decided to never asked her about it. I ended up getting back together with an ex of mine and that Christmas her parents asked me if I knew about her mental condition. I thought they were just picking on her so I smiled and said "yeah I know I still like her" later I realized it was weird cause they asked when she was sleeping. We broke up but one day when we were trying again she started talked about her psychiatrist in passing. My ex was never the brightest person and often repeated stories or completely forgot things. It wasn't till much later that I started to wonder if her parents weren't joking. But all of these made me realize I don't care about brains as much as I thought I did. As long as a person has a caring and positive attitude I'm happy. I could see myself marrying a girl who's very pretty but not very smart. I've had a lot of very smart but physically unattractive (to me not in general) friends and I tend to treat them like my bros

• Definitely brains

What Girls Said 16

• Beauty. He doesn't have to be super intelligent (those types tend to annoy me anyway due to the large number of assholes that I come across from them) but that doesn't mean he's dumb as a box of rocks.

I couldn't ever be with a guy who I am not attracted to though.

• brains... how else well i notice u!

• This is hard to answer lol How ugly or how dumb are we talking here?

• In order to respect someone and have a real relationship the 2 people must be intellectual equals. It does not work any other way. The more intelligent one will discount the opinion of the one who is less intelligent, whether he or she be right or wrong. At age 24 I'm not interested in a relationship or getting married so I want a hot guy right now, in bed with erection ready to go. But long-term I want brains

• please choose brains, or I am screwed.. haha..

• Brains.

It's difficult to make conversation with guys that are attractive but not the brightest. I've talked to guys obsessed with their appearance but I couldn't have a conversation that went past 'how are you' with them. No, thanks xD

38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdhlsscw281r80p9c.gif

• i prefer brains!

• A pretty face may hide an ugly heart.

That's why I'm so beautiful.

• Beauty is useless if they are completely unintelligent. Unless all u want to do is fuck what little brain they have.

You need both since physical attraction is just as important as mental.

• I am all bains, so beauty for me.

• I see beauty in intelligence, so it's a subjective choice. ;)

• Vote C = I need both.

• I think brains over beauty, because I'm average smart and I want a boyfriend with approximately the same interests as me.

• Brains because it last more than beauty and beauty can be get and interpreted in different ways.

• Brains, for me.

• 1|0