A month of texts and lost interest already? Should I go on a date with this guy I met online?

I've met this guy a month ago on an online dating app. He seems very nice and we get along well as we have common interests. We frequently text during the day and text a lot at night and it has always been interesting. However, once a month has past, I recently notice that it seems like he has lost his interest. He doesn't text in the morning anymore and sometimes he takes half a day to response. (but he's online during the day). Also, there are many occasions that I've seen that he's only but cleary doesn't text me. Only during the weekend that he replies quicker. I asked him about it and he said he was very busy (but had time to be online and did not respond to my text), told me not to think so much about it and said he still wanted to go on a date with me. Are those signs that I shouldn't go on a date with him? Thanks for the reply.

Thanks guys. Will be going on a date with him this Saturday. We live in different towns and are both quite busy so can only set it up after a month of texting. I will see how it goes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I agree with the other comments, you have been only texting for too long. You need to physically met and get this off the ground.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there's only so much you can talk about over text with a person you haven't actually met yet. I think the best way to do online dating is to text for a couple days, and then meet and see if there's a real connection. Texting for a month sort of... makes things boring I think.

Has he suggested meeting earlier on and you didn't want to? In that case, I could see him maybe being bored with all the texting and feeling like you don't actually want to meet, but just want a pen pal or something. I don't know.

If you feel like you'd get along well, there's no harm in going on a date with him (in a public place) and seeing how things go. You'll get a better indicator of what kind of a person this guy is by actually talking and interacting with him. Until then, he's allowed to be active on online dating sites.

What Guys Said 2

• The delay is making him loose interest
    U need to hangout soon

• Yeah you need to get on a date with him or he will lose interest. Texting less over time is normal. But seriously, get out there and date him. I would never wait a month to go on a date with someone.

What Girls Said 2

• Online dating is tricky. Once communication goes on for too long without meeting up, the odds of it becoming anything more than a textual relationship decreases significantly. Ask him out soon or this will never progress.

• I agree with the others. He loses his interests. It's still good that he still texts you cause some other guys won't stick around for long. Ask him out or agree to if he asks