Guys, is it normal practice to text other girls while you're in a relationship?

What I'm trying to say is, would you text another girl without your SO knowing, with only friendly intentions toward the other girl?

Reason I ask is, I've been texting this guy (on a daily basis) I only met once, but I didn't find out he had a girlfriend until recently (our mutual friend told me.) I'm not entirely sure if he should be texting me, I feel sort of guilty and am not sure if I should stop this practice. I mean, this could all be friendly right? The only fishy thing is he texts me late at night a lot (between 10pm-4am.)

so what gives? Could this just be harmless or should I tell him to stop since it's disrespectful to the girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahh, seriously? So people are forbidden to talk to people of the opposite sex just cause they're in a relationship? That kind of logic is fucked up.

As long as he's not being overly flirty and doesn't have some secret intentions, I see no harm in it. As for the time when he texts you - some people are true night owls, doesn't necessarily mean anything.

What Guys Said 4

• Ya it helps self conference ,, because when you're in a relationship for some reason ever girl can tell can they want ya XD I don't know why its just how it works. Its makes it easier 2 if you 2 ever break up for him 2 find another girl. But he's not flirting sooo you can really be mad at him its the girls you should be scared of ^^

• Only if they are female friends I had before the relationship started.

• Sure, after all its not 1950 and many of us have both male and female friends. I think the only stigma with it is the one you put on it by questioning it.

• Really depends on the guy. I have a girlfriend and I'm really close to her best friends so we text and hang out with just friendly intentions. From what you've said, he seems like he might have other intentions than just friendly intentions. NO guy texts a girl that late unless they have an interest.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, as long as it's not flirty and stuff. It's fine for guys to have friends who are girls. I wouldn't stop my boyfriend having female friends.