Reasons why I am scared to go after this girl in my class?

I was talking to my friend the other day about this girl that is in our class that I am attracted to. He has seen me looking at her a few times, but I haven't approached her. My friend tends to joke around with me saying I should go ahead and see what happens. The thing that scares me the most is the fact that we are of the opposite race, she is white and I am black. Yes I know it shouldn't matter, but the fact of the matter is that in the end it will come down to that. Lets say we do end up getting together will she stick around or split the first chance she gets, because she can't take the pressure of being with a black man. I am pretty sure that other white folks are going to give bad looks especially at me since I would be with a white girl (and will she be able to handle it when she notices). Will she be able to figure out at least try to figure out why I would get targeted, while she will not. Then will she be able to handle what her parents would say when I come around and she introduces me. It is all of this that goes through my mind when I think about not approaching her, or any other white girl. If you don't believe it still exists (racism I mean), here goes a link of a video that is there about interracial couples and others' reactions.

What Girls Said 1

• Im so sorry you had to even express this and who is to say What she could handle racisme is most definatley prevalent i can't even say i understand What your going through be cause i never Will im sorry but No one one here Will give you a good answer most folks are running themselves ragged trying to keep up with the kardashians i wish YOU luck im sorry

What Guys Said 0