My boyfriend tells girls he's single?

So I've recently found out that my boyfriend for 1 yr is telling girls and HIS EX that he's single I mean I didn't want to believe it at first but it's al starting to make sense. He doesn't show me off, nowhere on his social media shows that he's in a relationship with me. When I bring it up he says "posting you on social media doesn't determine our relationship. but I overthink literally evryyyythinggggg! & it really bothers me that he tells his ex he is single when he's not!! And I feel like he isn't proud to have me

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like you are his in between girl. Someone to fight his loneliness but not his long term situation.

If you are wanting more then now is the time to get out. If you are only having fun then let it ride. You are his rental while he continues house hunting.

I've done that before and it's not the best situation for the girl. I broke it off when I realized she was way more serious than I was. It was leading to deeper heartache in the future.

What Guys Said 16

• He is single. Because that is what he wants to be. You have to accept that regardless of what you feel and what he tells you, he is not attached to you. Drop him and move on.

• Yes, you are overthinking things. Just because he doesn't show you off in social media doesn't mean that he is not with you in reality, right? then why do you care so much about others knowing about your relationship? may be your boyfriend wants to keep this to himself, keep it as a secret may be. Some men can be like that, but you both know the truth, so why should it matter to you?

Please don't overthink things.

• Just dump him.

• Next time tell him at least he's being honest about being single cause its over

• Don't you mean ex boyfriend?

• ... you do realize he is cheating right? You do get that you are just something "for now" while he is actively looking for something else. I am sorry.

• Sounds like he's not being faithful and/or he's cheating on you. For all you know he could have been telling girls that he was single the whole time you were together

• Just dump him, if he can be man enough to say you are her girl, he is not worth it

• He's a douche. Dump him!

• he's not married he is single.

• Maybe you consider him your boyfriend but he never considered you as his girlfriend... it is very possible that you two took your relationship to be completely different...

• dump his ass. Lots of guys get away with this.

• hahahahaha that's funny as fuck.

• thats ma boy! congrats to the player!

• Is he literally telling people in person that he is single or are you just saying his social media account says single and you see that as him telling others he's single?

• He's just using u for sex and he still has feelings for his x

What Girls Said 18

• Break up with him since he wants to be single so bad

• Not posting the relationship on social media is totally different than actually telling people you're single. Meaning, it's not a big deal if he chooses not to display his relationship on social media, but he definitely shouldn't be telling people he's single. That's obviously crossing a line. I personally would have a very big problem with that. I would probably dump him so at least then he won't be lying about it when he tells women his relationship status.

• I know it may hurt but, in no way would a person that loves you deny his feelings for you. Confront him about it, tell him how you found out he has been denying your companionship. Girl don't sweat it, he is not worth the effort. Maybe he will realize that when it's too late.

• if he's telling people he is single you should be like "ok you keep doing that because now you are" he sounds like an asshole and i think you deserve better. no guy in a relationship should be telling anyone he is single!

• And why are you still dating him? Have enough self-respect to dump a prick like that.

• He is a jerk. You should leave him. He's treating you like a secret side chick.

• O. M. G. That is terrible. He's not worth it.

• Have you confronted him about it? If he isn't going to commit and instead act like he can have you and the rest of the playing field it may be best to break up with him.

• You are not married to him therefore he is single by being so nervous and crazy you are going to push him out of your life

• Dump his ass. If he's trying to be perceived as single you need to ask yourself why? Because he wants others to think he's available. Make him available. He's clearly a douche and you can do better.

• If I had a boyfriend and he would tell girls he's single, I'll agree with him.

"You are single now!!!"

• I get not showing you off on social media, I hate it when people do that and find it shallow.
    However, I'd be telling that asshole that he's right, he is single. See ya later sucker!

• Dump him. He is right that posting a relationship status does not determine a relationship but telling anyone let alone an ex that he is single is a bad, bad omen. Get out now with your dignity in check. You are not overthinking this one.

• Yeah dumb his sorry ass if he's trying to get girls to hit on him.

• Oh my god, leave him immediately girl!!! He is so not worth your time! Go before he breaks your heart completely. You deserve much better.

• Dump him. If you've been in a relationship with him for over a year, you guys should have made it official and expressed your concerns with him from the beginning. He sounds like an asshole.

• He's cheating and doesn't take ur relationship seriously at all. You don't overthink things, you just let this dude play mind games with you. Start telling other guys you're single and move on from this loser.

• BREAK UP WITH HIM. He's manipulating you. Don't let him play the victim and act like it's your fault. Get rid of him, he's toxic!