Do you think your physical features have prevented you from finding love?

For example, you literal can't find a guy/girl to even want to flirt with you because your overweight or too big or too thin or too anything. Maybe you wear glasses and that turn guys off from even! lIt could be the based on the facts that you have a small group of friends and it makes you look bad. Or, maybe you have zits all over your face and there's nothing you can do about it. Or, maybe you haven't figure out your life out or you don't have money to afford the nicest clothes or you just simply can't make time for nonsense! < yes I know thats not physical but still added it anyway!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I've never had a problem with love or relationships. Everything I thought was terrible about myself was everything my husband loves about me. I think anyone feeling unloved because of a feature just hasn't found anyone to love them the way they need to be loved.

What Guys Said 37

• I have no idea what keeps women from being interested in me. Only like 2 were interested in me so far and they were much more forward than I am. I don't know if it could be just cause I'm not thin enough. Like I don't quite have defined abs and that stuff. If there was something that made girls more or less forward I wish I knew it.

If a girl smiles at me much it makes me want to be more forward but that doesn't happen much. Except when they're working. I also can't pick up on girls being professional at their jobs. I always assume they're playing "the customer is always right". So it completely goes over my head if some girl is like "I need people to hang out with tonight at , I get off in 40 minutes". To which I respond like a moron "sounds like fun, wish I knew people, good luck! Bye."

• No, that is not a reason at all. I believe I am good looking both on the inside and outside as well, so my physical features are not a for me not finding love. I do believe in love/true love but I never want to be in love, so it's a choice for me. It's hard to explain.

• My physical feature HAVE caused me to find love.. its my mentality that ruins that down to ashes... its funny really.

• While I do think my complete lack of muscular build contributes to the lack of interested people, I think my real issue is that I mostly just spend my days on GAG and at work and thinking about work.

I don't have the time for hobbies at the moment, or at least that time is allocated to GAG, but that's not the most interesting hobby when you could be a pianist or a singer or just do something or whatever that involves real people in real life. Technically, I need to find balance, and I am not surprised people are not intrigued. Currently, neither am I.

• Don't worry Mesonfielde... i thing you have just fine muscular build lol...
      (says the guy who has never seen mesonfielde)

• @Tdieseler No, I really don't, lol. I'd have to work out, and I've had quite a sedentary lifestyle especially since work consumes my time

• well... that blows... im the exact opposite... i mean.. i work a lot too but if i take my shirt off... well... i just hear gasps...
      try finding a shirt that doesn't rip at the shoulders... you are lucky lol.

• Lol I have the full package - not good looking, not fit (but I'm slowly going there) and no friends. At least I don't have zits.

• Family members tell me I'm good looking, but I could lose some weight.

Friends tell me I'm not a bad looking guy, but I could be happier.

I think I'm average in almost every way except my personality. Not to gloat, but I'm an unconventional Aquarius (we can be jerks about that --- ja ja).

Basically, I work with what I got. It isn't great, but it isn't horrendous either. It's okay. Hasn't got me anywhwere I'd like to be, but I'm not bitching. Like, if I lost weight I could go from a five to a six on the 1-10 scale, but I'm just too lazy. So I guess it's mostly on me really. I'm Jimmy Carter-ing myself.

• Yes, probably. But I think that it happened more in the past, when I was fat. Today I realize I'm enjoying a bit more of female attention, principally from younger girls (not too younger, don't worry xD).

• I am worried! haha~! lol

• No, I'm actually 21... I can't seem to look younger :(

• hahah! lol ): Poor apple solider!

• For me a lot of the time it was just getting the guts to approach them. There have been countless times where I've basically had flirting eye contact with a girl and then just did nothing about it when they gave every physical sign that they were wanting to be talked to.

• I think its my lack of an outgoing personality, my average looks, and girls overall inability to make any sort of move besides showing disinterest.

• Stop speaking chinese apple; this is nonsensical. You look good and you'll eventually find someone right for ya; it's just a matter of time :)

• Yes! I think my lack of height is a huge factor in why I haven't found love. There are many girls who are taller than me (some are way taller) and I just feel they would be open to dating a short guy. Which is a shame because I am more than open to dating tall/taller women.

• I'm sorry, but if having a small group of friends makes an aspie look bad to women, than they're not the kind of "ladies" I want to date. My friends do not exist as an accessory for a woman

• I do not have friends to make a woman feel better about herself vicariously through me

• No, in fact I've been able to attract a lot of women initially and get told I'm cute/hot by many but the problem is nothing came out of it, at least in the long term. It's like I'm able to get dates but then out of the blue, the girl disappears. It's either that or the ones into me long term, I have no interest in and am not gonna settle as it doesn't make me happier.

• in my case, yes. I used to exercise, shave, look clean... girls always approached me. Now I over work, look terribly exhausted, stopped shaving, no more muscles... no girl wants me except as a funny friend. Just be happy and take care of your body cause physical attractiveness has much importance plus it will get you a better looking guy whether you like this idea or not.

• no

,,,,

• Yes. I am a fat and angry looking man who just so happens to be of the most stereotypically poor minority on the USA planet. I'm so fucked.

• I think it has. I am below average height (5'6 1/2) which is a turn off for a lot of girls, EVEN IF THEY'RE SHORT TOO. That can be annoying. I have a pretty athletic body, but I have one more feature going against me: I'm black. Believe it or not, being black in a white school/community lowers ones chance of finding a lady to date or hook up with significantly. Oh well.

• really? I am sorry! I have seen many black guys with hispanic! lol maybe try us!

• Oh ouch! I am sorry...

• It's fine I guess :(

• Nope I don't

• My own physical insecurities prevented me from dating for almost all of my life (literally until two or three years ago).

• Yeah it has unfortunately. I constantly get told how great of a person I am and some girl would be lucky to have me as a boyfriend. All while I'm thinking yeah but you wouldn't give me a shot. It's whatever though, I don't lose sleep over it.

• I'd say my social features/skills are holding me back the most, but my physical features aren't great either.

• Nope. I used to think that way at times back in like freshman year of hs but not no more.

• I don't know what it is about me which gets me no's.

• Most likely, I've only gotten a couple of responses to a what do you think of my profile post, something I think doesn't come across right to women

• Not at all. I am slightly over weight and I have flirted and have been flirted to. I just think you may have to initiate sometimes.

• Nope the reason I don't have a woman is that I am an arrogant, obnoxious, self-absorbed, conceited, sarcastic, cold and aloof man and women that have been attracted to my outward exterior have often be left repulsed by my rotten interior.

• Oh yea. After messaging women on pof. com and I never get approached in real life, I'm convinced I'm the ugliest person in the world.

Guys, women are as visual as men. Don't be fooled by dating advice elsewhere.

• No,
    I think you just have to try harder.

• I am ugly i guess because I get rejected q
    100% of tbe r
    Time. Plus i am now 46 so there.

• Yes, I have put on some weight but it's still nothing compared to my terrible personality

• LIES! u have a good personallity unless your a real douche!

• More of an asshole than a douce. I don't mean to be but I have problems censoring my opinions when people ask me something

• oh.. eh! I guess I never notice that u were perfectly fine!

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 16

• Well, I know that looks can be a major factor in preventing others from taking you seriously for other reasons, so it kind of makes sense that you may or may not be pursued based on your looks. I do know a guy who looks so "plastic" that he can never find the right girl, or another who is overly "metrosexual" and is considered to be too into himself to have a girl -- he gets a lot of attention and there are a lot of girls around him at all times, but no one real or permanent.

The same applies to girls. You'll often see a gorgeous woman who is always miserable in love. Why? She's a little too pretty/perfect. There is no flaw (visibly) and yet she doesn't attract nice guys, only self-centered narcisstic guys. Why?

That polished vibe can only take a person so far.

• Eh, I used to. Now... I don't care. I love me. I think I'm cool and would be an amazing girlfriend. If a guy can't love me because of my flaws then whatever, I'll take the cute guy standing behind him that doesn't give a shit.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/29385308.jpg

• Yea, I'm trying not to wear makeup because I want my face not to be full of it but I'll probably be wearing it because I'm very insecure about my acne. I'm insecure about my body as well. I don't really go to the beach that often because I'm not happy with the way I look in a bikini. I have started working out in hopes to be happier with my body. I'm shy, but as you get to know me I'm outgoing. People don't see that because they don't take the chance to get to know me. That could be from them judging me on my outward appearance and what they know about me already. They know me as being smart. So they basically label me as a nerd because of that. I feel that being smart plays a factor as well. It might drive away some guys because they don't want to date a girl who is smarter than them. I have also had bad experience with guys in the past and I have no idea why. It still lingers in my mind and I think that's how it's going to be with all guys. My insecurities, shyness, past, and negativity are preventing me from finding love. If I felt better in my own skin and got rid of the bad things, I might be able to find love.

• You may be a nerd, but you're a beautiful nerd. And being a nerd isn't bad anyway.

• i dunno. perhaps i have resting bitch face.

cdn.someecards.com/.../...u-young-pretty-12e7f.png

• Perhaps it's friend-zoning syndrome

• The whole friend zone thing is a myth. But like you mentioning resting bitch face, I wonder if me being stoic, unintentionally, turns women off. People have told me I don't smile and asked if I'm mad when I'm not and it's puzzling. I guess it just feels weird to force a smile.

• @bloodmountain1990 i agree. it's weird to force a smile. but... maybe we should lol. being stoic might just make you seem like you don't want to be approached/bothered.

• Yeah definitely.
    I even know that they did because my first ever crush literally rejected me for being "too tall" :P

• (: hahah

• He's out there 😊

• @Eric644 lol nah I've already found someone less shallow and she's a she :)

• I'm too shy to talk to new people and besides school I'm home 24/7. Also I'm not drop dead gorgeous to be randomly approached when I go home from school alone. So, this is why I'll be forever alone. ☺

• I honestly believe the most attractive thing about anyone is whether or not they have confidence. Guys that I have initially not found necessarily attractive ended up being guys I have developed real feelings towards and even dated just because they seem comfortable with themselves no matter what. They always had a good time and therefore I always wanted to be around them.

• I think so.

• I don't know what's wrong with me. Guys in my age group aren't really attracred to me. Some guys say I'm cute, pretty, etc. The only real problem is I'm not hot. I don't take pictures with my bum on the sink, or in a bra an pantys. I don't like that you get the wrong attention for that stuff. Boys at my school love it. I like me the way I am showing some skin shouldn't make me more attractive.

• Thats true you don't want sacrifice yourself for attention!

• well if i ever find love i will find it from a guy who is not shallow minded about looks

• Not at all.

• no... i've never had a problem with. my problems (according to my friends) seem to be that i'm a guy magnet but those magnets never make any further step so i dont think so lmao

• I don't think so.

Stop worrying, too. You're pretty. Someone will come along.

• ermm well maybe lack of time to socialize and being cold :P

• lol are we talking about me!

• haha I meant it!! I really do!

• thank you <3

• Ya I believe my appearance has caused problems with this situation.

• That among many other things.