Would anybody want to date me with the way I am?

I'm a broken person, if I ever find someone to date again they would have to put me back together again. I just want to be loved and not betrayed again. Is there anybody that would go through all of the for a girl?

• Would date
  • Wouldn't date

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't need to be strong for a man. A bit of vulnerability in a woman is really attractive. I helped my ex through the early years. She was in pieces after being raped by her ex and constantly verbally and physically abused by him. It was touch and go but we both stuck in there. She's a qualified psychologist now and a great mum. Happy go lucky. It wasn't me that built her up. I just pointed out she was giving herself a hard time. I battered hell out him in front of her and that helped a lot she said. He was a bogeyman in her mind for years and seeing him like that destroyed the image. The past only has power over us if we let it. You've got the power to let it go and say it doesn't matter any more

What Guys Said 20

• Don't mind the extra work
    Every girl has some baggage

• Voted B. No, making the next guy deal with unnecessary baggage, that he isn't the reason to blame for. . . Is not something any guy with a right mind should want.

• I have PTSD. If I'm not willing to help fix someone else, what hope do I ever have for romance? Just keep in mind that you don't "need someone" to be fixed, you have all the tools you need already. You just need the courage to do it yourself. It just helps if you have someone there to stand by you when things get rough.

• Not enough info to be sure in your case. Things like broken how, whose fault was it, etc. But in general, any woman who has had a guy and had to move on is broken in some way to some degree, though I am stretching the definition of "broken".

• Yeah I can try but I have done all the nurse made stuff already in my life to last me a life time. I can be kind and give you great advice and all but you would have to put yourself back together and stand on your own two feet and bring value and wisdom to the table

• I think it's wise for people to sort themselves out before entering into a relationship. I learned this lesson the hard way.

• I'm not sure if I would, but there are definitely a lot of guys who will. Well if we were perfect for each other then it wouldn't be a problem.

• When're you think you're undesirable, just remember that even Hitler found someone willing to marry him.

• Nope dear, you are a beautiful person with beautiful heart, I can date you. You are awesome, never go low, never loose confidence and hope.
    Whenever you fall, just stand up again with lots of strength, courage and energy. :-)

• Hey! Nope dear mean, please don't think in such a wa. it doesn't mean that I don't wanna date you... :-)

• I seem to only date broken people but it never works out, I build them up again just for them to leave

• I don't want to date someone just for them to build me up I want to have somebody for life or at least a long time

• In that case yes there are people out there. Example I hate seeing people upset so I try to help them during there low periods. It takes time you have start as friends and talk but normally a relationship can grow through any situation.

• Some guys like broken.
    I am indifferent.

• I'd consider it, yes.

• You would found a line of guys lol

• I'm not a therapist, I'll pass

• houses can be fixer uppers. for profit.

girls like that are not worth anything

• I tried that and she fucked me over im good ^^

• I think there must be. Don't worry, there are people for the ones who need them at any time. :)

• i did, and dont encourage it, she ended up breaking up with me when she got better... just used me

• People can be helpful, encouraging, supportive, but you have to fix yourself. You can't just put all of responsibility on someone else, you have to do your part as well. You have to take responsibility for yourself, for your life, your state of being. If you just wait for someone to save you, you're being unreasonable - they can't take all the burden and they're also not professionals, they're probably not equipped to deal with serious baggage/issues. I know lots of people who have issues, and guess what - they complain about it, they feel sorry about themselves, but they're not really, genuinely ready to get better. It's like they feel comfortable in their discomfort, if that makes any sense. I've learned that you can't help those who don't want to be helped. In a relationship I'm willing to be patient, I'm willing to help a girl gain her trust back, but the girl has to do her part. I'm going to help as much as I can, but she needs to do what she can as well. Otherwise, no matter what I do, it won't make any difference.

• Depends on how much I think I can fix you tbh

What Girls Said 4

• Getting together with someone just because you want to be fixed is selfish. Fix yourself and then date someone.

• It's not that I just want to be fixed I just don't want to be alone.

• You are the only one that can fix yourself. It's not the responsibility of the person you're dating to repair you, although they can help out ultimate that's up to you.

• No, not at all. If you're that emotionally damaged, then you shouldn't be dating. It's not my responsibility to clean up the pieces that someone else broke. Pull yourself together first before you try dating again. Your emotional baggage is just going to hurt your new relationship.

• It's no one else's job to fix you.